PDA

View Full Version : Bedding in nostrils...

Bedding in nostrils...

snakedancer
05-31-2007, 03:46 PM
Ok, so I got this peat and sphagnum moss mix for Sally's egg box that she didn't even end up using for her eggs. She did however, burrow in the stuff and it is stuck in her nostrils. Her right nostril looks completely covered with it and her left only has a little.

I gave her a 'snake bath' but it didn't do much to help and she won't let me touch her nose area so I can't see if it will be able to wipe off.

Has this happened to anyone else? If so did you just wait it out until they came out or did you have to take the snake to the vet?

I can hear her breathing occasionally because of it and I'm freaking out.

Here's a picture of the bedding I used.

dawnrenee2000
05-31-2007, 04:18 PM
Have someone assist you by holding the snake for you while you take a damp washcloth and put it around the snakes head and try to wipe lightly to remove the debris. It is often necessay to work around a snakes head for different reasons so you have to get around the issue of the snake not wanting you to do so.

Just get an extra set of hands and all should be fine. IF you cant wipe off the debris with the washcloth directly, I would try getting a spray bottle of water and lightly spraying his face to help loosen it up...

snakedancer
05-31-2007, 05:26 PM
Okay, thank you so much!