PDA

View Full Version : regurg vs. poop whats the difference?

regurg vs. poop whats the difference?

rosecat
06-01-2007, 10:34 AM
I was wondering how do I tell the difference between remnants of a meal that are regurg vs. poop? I have found 2 different kinds ... one was dried up and shriveled, at first I thought it was just poop, but upon further examination determined it's actually a pinky. The other was very moist and reaked and looked partially digested.

Of course I know what normal poop looks like ... also my friend's royal python sometimes poops partially digested meals ...

Thanks!
~rosecat

cornmorphs
06-01-2007, 10:35 AM
poop stinks, regurge really hums... its pretty nasty stuff

bitsy
06-01-2007, 11:49 AM
poop stinks, regurge really hums...

Agreed. Poop is just smelly. The evil stench emitted by a regurge will make YOU want to regurge!

I'd lay odds that the dried up shrivelled pinky was the result of a poop. Just from a practical point of view, there's no way I'd be able to leave a regurge long enough to dry out. :-puke01:

rosecat
06-01-2007, 11:54 AM
yea the dried out was I'd fed the snake Wed, and found it last night ... my thought was it's a poop

XIIIHour
06-02-2007, 10:24 AM
I have found regurge in with my snakes twice and both times it was obviously a pinkie. You could see the little limbs and tail, and it was shrivled and black.

rosecat
06-02-2007, 04:53 PM
im guessing that what you actually found was poop not regurge

last night i was cleaning out my cages and found dired up mouse remains in what was most definately a pile of poop