PDA

View Full Version : Should I be worried?

Should I be worried?

mommyof2
06-07-2007, 10:27 PM
Eddy ate tonight(last time he ate was on Friday). I put him in his box with 2 pinkies and left him alone for a minute, then I got a call to get my kids from grandpa's. I left and we were gone about 2 or 3 hrs. When I came home I found 1 dead mouse and one pissed off corn. I opened the lid and he drew back like he was going to strike. I ignored him and turned the box on it's side in his cage like I always do to let him out. Instead of crawling out he bit me(didn't hurt, but I let go of the box). From me jerking the box, the mouse fell and hit him on the head, then into the bedding. Before I could get ahold of it, Eddy had it in his mouth.

There's 2 things I'm concerned with:
1. Him ingesting some bedding that was on the mouse. and
2. The mouse being in there for a few hours before he ate it and the fact he showed no interest in it till it hit him in the head.

Should I worry? What signs should I watch for to make sure he's ok?

mommyof2
06-08-2007, 12:57 AM
I just checked him and he seems ok. He's hanging out under his log(I think because he's too fat to fit under his water bowl). He seems more fat than usual, but that may be because he ate 2 decent size pinkies this time. Anyone know what warning signs I should look for(just incase the bedding may be a problem).