PDA

View Full Version : hmmm...maybe regurge? lol

hmmm...maybe regurge? lol

chibs
06-13-2007, 12:20 AM
hey guys, i just had a quick question. I just got a new okeetee this past weekend, and i forgot to ask when he was born, but his first feeding was late september, so somwhere around there haha. He's teeny tho...compared to the first corn i got in size. When i my first, she was eating pinkies like it was nobody's business, but since he's much smaller then she was...it still seems like quite the challenge for him, at least today it was. I just fed him, and he went for it right away (the smallest f/t pinky i could find). He started to eat it butt first, so had some problems with the legs/tail of the pinky, but eventually got it. But when he got to about the neck of it, it looks like he was struggling quite a bit, and then all of a sudden, most of the pinky came back out...probably down to about it's hips. i thought he was going to just give up on the whole thing, but then he just ate the whole thing (it took a few minutes or so). Should i be extra attentive the next few days for a regurg? Normally...i just kinda peek around the cage, but should i check in his hides n stuff, i don't want to bother him too much. Maybe if he regurgs it, i should cut the pinkies in half? Any advice? thx in advance

~Chibs

tyflier
06-13-2007, 02:24 AM
Just keep your eyes peeled and your nose open for signs of a regurge. He may have partially regurged because a leg or something was sticking him. If he got it down, he *should* be OK, though they do sometimes overstuff themselves to the point of regurgitation.

Just watch him more closely over the next 48-72 hours. If there isn't a lump after 72 hours, you *should* be in the clear...