PDA

View Full Version : big viv more play????

big viv more play????

Merlin
03-13-2003, 05:50 PM
Hi Everyone,
just a question about my babies I have an amel, and a anertheristic *excuise any spelling mistakes* I bought them in a small viv from a pet shop,*small viv was my choice* and they never came out much to bask or just explore.

I bought a really big one today and now they seem ok in it and they bask in the night and hide in theday is the size of te viv anything to do with them coming out to bask?

below is my viv pic

fateamber
03-14-2003, 04:28 PM
How old are they now? Very nice viv!

Merlin
03-16-2003, 02:06 PM
There both about 5 months old I think not bang on sure tho

fateamber
03-17-2003, 04:21 PM
I think they do like more space. Are five month old corns still supposed to prefer smaller housing or is that just hatchlings, im not saying their is anything wrong with having your snakes in a bigger viv cos they yours seem to prefer it. There always seems to be at least one exeption from everything. I know when you first get your corn you are supposed to leave them alone for at least a week, with Akasha i didnt get the chance to leave her alone, when i first brought her home i put her straight in her new viv but as i was trying to set some things inside her viv she kept trying to get out, she wouldn't just go in her hide she wanted to start exploring straight away so much for hatchlings being shy!

limey
03-20-2003, 09:34 AM
All the info gathered just suggests that when you take a captive bred snake it is easyier to get them eating when placed in a small tank. So people keep there snakes in relatively small tanks. there is not doubt though that alot like as much space as you are willing to give them - although even in a huge tank they do tend to hide in the same places all the time. You will knwo if the tanks is to big because they will stop eating ( i thikn people genrally atribute this to stress) or they will eat and keep reguratating the food (although they will do this if the temp is to low too)
looks like a damn fine tank - ill ive it if they wont heheh

clumsly
06-19-2003, 01:22 AM
i keep my corns in a 55 gallon. and they just love it they alywas in the plants on under a rock or doing something. so i alwats try and have a bigger viv so they can have more rooma nd feel at home.:D