PDA

View Full Version : Is This Normal?

Is This Normal?

IndianaCorn
03-13-2003, 08:48 PM
I fed my corn this morning, and he's been hiding/sleeping on the cold side all day!? Always before when i've fed him, he goes to the warm side to digest it. Should i be worried about this? Does this happen very often? Your wisdom would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
IndianaCorn (Brandon)

Susan
03-13-2003, 09:30 PM
Has anything changed in yours snake's tank since the last time you fed him? Since the weather is warming up (at least where I am) the ambient room temps have changed and I've had to slightly readjust the temps in my snakes' tanks. Maybe the warm side has gotten a little too warm. Or if you recently cleaned the hide(s), perhaps using a different cleaner or didn't rinse as fully, leaving an odor that your snake doesn't like. Or you've added something to that side of the tank that has your snake a little spooked. It could be simple things like that which could change your snake's behavior.

IndianaCorn
03-13-2003, 09:47 PM
No, nothing has changed since last time i fed him... Do you think that he might regurgitate what he ate now? Or might everything still be alright?

Thanks Susan for the reply!

IndianaCorn (Brandon)

Julie F
03-14-2003, 02:59 PM
my snakes frequently exibit this behavior. As long no variables have changed, they will move to where they feel comfortable. My male '01 snow will slither around the day after he eats (but he is also in the mood for love too ;) . Keep an eye out for regurgitation just in case.

fateamber
03-14-2003, 04:20 PM
My snake does that too. Sometimes after she has been fed she goes to the the warm side, sometimes to the cool side and occasionaly (but very rarly)will go back in her hide, everytime akasha regurgatated her meal (two times) it is after she has gone straight back to her hide, i dont know if this is normal corn behaviour but its what mine does.

Muggerz
03-29-2003, 11:45 AM
What should you do if your snake regurgitates? Feed again?

Matt L
03-29-2003, 09:31 PM
Brandon,
Snakes being ectothermic-Know best what there temps need to be. Trust in your snake. IF your snake regurgitates, wait about 10 to 12 days before you offer food again. The snake needs time to rebuild its stomach acid and should have little trouble waiting this length of time to feed.

Matt L.