PDA

View Full Version : carn't go to the toilet

carn't go to the toilet

RiaBird
03-14-2003, 08:54 AM
Hi i have fed my baby corn twice once last saturday and again yesterday, and he has still not been to the toilet. I would apreciate any advice as i am getting really worried.

Susan
03-15-2003, 10:05 PM
Has your snake had regular poops up until now? Has your snake been eating regularly just prior to these last 2 feedings? Sometimes, if a snake hasn't eaten for a while, it can take a bit for everything to get all the way down to have a bowel movement. Try having your snake take a swim in some warm water. This will often stimulate them to go potty.

RiaBird
03-16-2003, 12:39 PM
Thanks a lot for the advice, But he decided that he would poop on me this morning....
:p

Thanks

Ria

Susan
03-16-2003, 09:50 PM
Oh Yeah...I did forget to mention to ultimate best way to make a snake poop...handle it ! LOL!

RiaBird
03-18-2003, 08:12 AM
Just a quick question, my baby corn is 5 months old and i got him a week last saturday, when i brought him from the reptile centre they told me to feed him with one pinky every 5 days, does that sound about right...... When is the best time to feed him, as i am feeding him when he comes out of hiding around 8 at night.

Thanks for any advice....

Ria:p

limey
03-20-2003, 04:39 AM
It really depends on the size of your 5 month old snake - some 5 months old corns definatley wouldn't be growing properly (well fast) on only 1 pink every 5 days. I would have though most corns at five months would eat 2 pinks every 3 to 4 days. But it does depend on alot of factors such as temperture of the enclosure/vivaruim how big the snake is and off course how much food the little guy wants to eat. Some of my babies will eat 4 pinks every 3/4 days and not look like they have eatern anything where as others quite happily will eat only half that in the same time period, if you were to post a picture of your snake with a pink by it i am sure the people on ths board woill be able to give you some very sound advice, but i reckon try 2 pinks every 4 days and keep the snake at about 80 to 85 degrees (with plenty of fresh water) and just monitor how he/she does ie keep a feeding record then up the amount of food as the snake grows.

RiaBird
03-20-2003, 03:22 PM
He is about 20" long, sorry i carn't post a photo as i have not got the equipment to do so....
With regards to feeding him twice every four days, do i just feed one after the other or after about 5/10 mins... what would you suggest....

thanks for the advice...

Susan
03-20-2003, 09:13 PM
At 20" long, your corn is probably ready for what I call large pinky to small fuzzy mice every 5-7 days.

RiaBird
03-21-2003, 08:18 AM
thanks for that.
When i picked him up last night i noticed that about 2" before his bum he has a really dark patch of belly..... What do you think this might be, is it food that is waiting to be digested, as he last ate on tuesday and he has not been to the toilet yet, he has only been once since i got him on the 8th of march, is this ok as i am really starting to panic.....

Thanks for any advice..

Ria:p