PDA

View Full Version : Help!! My snake just pooed and afterwards a pinkish clear liquid came out!!

Help!! My snake just pooed and afterwards a pinkish clear liquid came out!!

lil_rab2005
06-19-2007, 01:39 AM
I'm still really new to the snake world. My female ball python just had what looked like blood come out of her bottom area, is this normal? I love her to death and she's feeding good... she did this right after she shed. She's 1 year old this month, is this maybe the secretion they let out for mating? Please forgive me, but I'm scared to death and this late at night I don't know who to even call... anyone with suggestions? I'm really freakin' scared and I luv her to death!!!

Thanx to anyone that is up this late,

Lil. :(

lil_rab2005
06-19-2007, 04:43 AM
If anyone at all knows what this is will you please give me some advice. I really appreciate anything at all... I'm really worried about her and omg she's so precious to me!!!

Thx,

Lil.

@__@
06-19-2007, 06:49 AM
what you usually give her as food??

--Bram--

Nanci
06-19-2007, 07:13 AM
Hopefully the really experienced people will be waking up soon to help- I've never seen anything like that. You should post more details- how much, consistency, was it blood for sure, did she poo at the same time, etc.

Nanci

Matthew
06-19-2007, 08:35 AM
What type of substrate do you have her on?

Although I don't see it very often with Aspen, other smaller type of particulate substrates will 'occasionally' cause harm because of the way snakes defecate.

Sometimes snakes will evert cloacal tissues when they defecate and said tissues are often-times moist. On smaller particulate substrates like sand or fine wood chips, sometimes the substrate will be pulled in when the tissue gets retracted back into the body.

This will cause an infection of the cloaca - tell-tale signs are often blood or pus-like matter when they defecate.

To be on the safe side, I'd take your little gal to a good herp vet. It may or may not be a cloacal infection, but it tends to be a relatively serious condition if it is. Better to be safe than sorry.