PDA

View Full Version : Tired and listless

Tired and listless

fuzzyone
06-19-2007, 03:57 PM
Hi all,

my Carolina corn "tango" pictured here, http://tinyurl.com/37lyqg just over a week ago, has suddenly decided he doesn't want to come out of his hides, and just moves to and fro between them.

He was last fed, on the 12th of this month, and is fed a large mouse weekly, and up until now, lets everyone know that he is looking for his feed, by swaying to and fro, in front of the glass in his vivarium. He usually starts this on the night before being fed, and also loves to be handled, on the three or four nights before being fed.

He is drinking his water ok, and there doen't look any different than before.

The only thing that i can think of being unusual, is the fact that, he seemed to have stopped growing around a couple of months ago, ( he is approximately 20 months ), but then shed his skin three times in two months, adding around seven or eight inches to his length. (( around five foot seven inches).

Is it possible he may just be tired with the skin-shedding exertions, or is there maybe something more deep-rooted.

His droppings etc don't seem any different, and as I say I can't see anything physically unusual, it is just so strange to see him not physically active all the time.

Any pointers would be most appreciated. Regards Joe.

Nanci
06-19-2007, 04:00 PM
Is he getting ready to shed again? My two big guys seem to be less active now that it is hotter, too. When you take him out, does he seem healthy and active and the same as usual? Does he feel as muscularly strong?

Nanci

fuzzyone
06-19-2007, 04:06 PM
Hi Nanci,

He doesn't feel any different, but doesn't really want to be disturbed.

He also shed on the eleventh of this month, surely he won't be shedding again, will he.

His skin is shiny and his eyes are also clear. It just seems so unusual for him, to not come out of his vivarium by himself.

fuzzyone
06-20-2007, 03:08 PM
Sorry for the panic on my behalf, being a "newbie" at the caring for snakes game, has had a steep learning curve for me.

Anyway, late last night, he decided it was time to come out and play, and this evening he has just struck, and constricted to death before eating, a large "dead" mouse, and seems to be his normal fun-loving self again.

As I said before I just haven't seen him so listless before.

Nanci
06-20-2007, 05:17 PM
Well, that's good news!

Nanci