PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what it is ???

Not sure what it is ???

summer
06-27-2007, 11:22 PM
I have a cornsnake that is a few months old , I noticed he has a dry brownish/ black color at the very tip of his tail its very small , I am new at this ,and want to make sure its nothing serious. Does this mean the tip will fall off , and is this normal?? and why does this happen , Over all he looks good other then that ...on his last shed he shedded his whole skin in one piece could it have left a very tiny piece at the end and I didnt notice , Well hope someone can help me ... Thanx

DogStar5988
06-27-2007, 11:50 PM
Most likely at sometime the tip of the tail's shed did not come off, although it may not have been with this shed. I would get a damp cloth and see if you can gently remove any left over shed. If the tip is already brown however it may just fall off, which isn't really dangerous (from what I've heard). Good luck ;)

---Kenny

summer
06-27-2007, 11:55 PM
Thanx for answering my ? I dipped his tail in warm water and ran his tail thru moist towel also but nothing came off his tail just felt hard and dry might not be able to reverse the problem I will wait and see what happens ... Thanx Again

Velvet
06-28-2007, 09:55 AM
I had exactly the same thing happen to my first corn, unfortunately by the time I got him, the tip of his tail had died and it fell off, I would guess he's about 1cm or so shorter than he should be now that he's big, but it's certainly never impacted his life in a negative way at all...

Just make sure that if his tail tip does fall off that you keep the wound from getting septic because that could lead to bigger problems.

summer
06-28-2007, 10:14 AM
Ok here is another ? since I am new to snake world , How do I prevent Septic ,And if his tail was to fall off is there anything I need to put on it , I realize him being a snake he will be all over his bedding, so I know cant prevent his tail from touching anything ,Thanx Again ... ;)

terry fielder
07-01-2007, 10:55 AM
you could switch his/her bedding to tissue paper and change it every day

snakewispera snr
07-01-2007, 11:07 AM
You could try a Moist hide to re-hydrate your snakes skin prior to it's next shed.
Just put some damp moss in the hide and occasionally mist it with tepid water.
MIKE