PDA

View Full Version : Nose rubbing

Nose rubbing

Noel_Gallagher
03-29-2003, 03:08 AM
My 2 year old normal has just decided to stop eating. At the mo im not worried coz she needed a diet and its only been 1 week since she ate but....on the lid of her viv is like a mesh square for ventilation and she keep rubbing her snout against it pretty hard. Theres no signs of mouth rot or and discharge from mouth or nostrils, she shed recently so it aint that, so i was just wondering if anyone else has had this prob. 1 suggestion given was that she infact maybe a he and is after a mate and so is off food!?!

Thanks in advance for your help

Rachel
03-30-2003, 01:43 PM
Well as I was reading your post the first thing i thought of was that your girl might be a boy. If he/she seems fine apart from that and isn't damaging her/his nose by rubbing it I'd wait and see how it progresses. Maybe see if you can get someone experienced to sex her/him for you??

carol
03-30-2003, 10:58 PM
I have a male Miami right now that, even though he has serviced the ladies lots of times and they are in pre-lay shed, is still searching for love. It is normal, but I worry about him too, he is bruising his nose. I have other males that search, but none as persistant as this fellow. I am cosidering putting him in a normal reptile tank and hoping that screen will be easier on his nose.