PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping patterns

Sleeping patterns

Muggerz
03-29-2003, 11:39 AM
My new corn (unnamed as of yet) was up all day yesterday (the day we got her) exploring her new home and then went to sleep closer to midnight and slept through the night and is still in her house sleeping... What is the usually sleep pattern for a snake. I know they're nocturnal but she didn't even get up at night. Where I got her from it was bright in the shop and all the tank lights were on and she was the only snake awake and happily moving around...is her idea of when she needs sleep messed up? lol

Matt L
03-29-2003, 09:22 PM
Muggerz,
Corns tend to be crepuscular(active at dusk)If you provide them with light simulating nite and day your snkes will be happy and healthy. I cycle mine to coincide with dawn to dusk sometimes a little later.

Best of Luck!

Matt L.

fateamber
03-30-2003, 05:46 AM
I don't think her idea of when to sleep is messed up she will settle down to a regular pattern in a few days (or weeks) but corns are more active at dusk.

Canadain Eh?
03-31-2003, 03:59 PM
I know what you're talking about! Mine is never active either. I had mine for about a week now.

clumsly
06-30-2003, 04:36 PM
i think that since you just put he in the new cage that he is just looking around. this is normal behavior mine did the same thing when i put him in his cage.

sboyes
07-01-2003, 05:05 AM
good advice clumsy, you should thank the person who gave it to you in responce to your question. Was only given 20mins before you answered this one! ;)
Just out of interest why do you keep pulling up old posts from 3 months ago and repeat the answers already given?!
Not having a dig, just seems a little pointless... :confused:

Scorpionking
07-01-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by sboyes
....just seems a little pointless... :confused:

A LITTLE POINTLESS THAT IS A LITTLE MODESS, IS A LOT POINTLESS:mad:

sboyes
07-01-2003, 10:13 AM
I just wanna say I agree with everything you've been saying about clumsy on your recent posts scorpionking. I was just trying to get a similar point across without shouting at the kid :p
Fair play though, it is bloody annoying having all these old posts dug up for no reason!! :mad:

KristyS
07-01-2003, 02:23 PM
And it's in these posts specifically mentioning him he doesn't answer too. How can he NOT say soemthing in a thread.. get it lol It's almost like he's ignoring these posts and just going on and rambling about nothing in other posts.

Maybe he doesn't understand properly...and If he is 15 He should be able to read and write well. Clumsly do you have a disability of any kind??(by no means am I making fun of you this is a honest question)
well, I sure hope you do POST in one of the threads mentioning you (clumsly) because I am curious for your answer as well as others I'm assuming.

Kristy:)