• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Transfer of eggs.

Outlaw

Could someone please tell me, at what stage, after they have been laid, should the eggs be removed and transferred to an incubator.
Should this be done immediately, or within 12-24 hours?

I think as soon as possible would be best but a wait of just a couple hours shouldn't do much harm. Like if she lays at night and you discover them in the morning, that's something you can't control and the eggs aren't hurt in any way.

Sometimes the female will determine how soon you can get at the eggs. I have one that couldn't care less if I take her eggs and another that will hiss and strike at me if I come anywhere near her as she's coiled around her clutch! I always just let her calm down for a while (several hours) and then use a gloved hand to lift her off, if necessary.

I find that, if I've provided a good nesting box and my temps in my cages are good, there is really very little difference in the environments of the nesting box and the incubator anyway. The humidity is lower in the cage, but that is something that can be accepted for a day or two so long as the nesting box material is moist.

Darin

Back