PDA

View Full Version : It happened....

It happened....

Green Bean
07-16-2007, 06:33 PM
I first want to start off by thanking everyone for their kind words and support.

This afternoon I took Phantom to the vet again.

I had been massaging him to help him pass uraites, which with my help he did pass them. But while doing that I inadverantly prolapsed him. His hempenises didn't look like any in the pictures...they were purple and bloated. So I kept him on wet paper towels till the vet could see him. Since Phantom had no control of his lower fourth, he couldn't retract them.

So the vet tooked a look at him and said that the hempenises looked as if they were ready to fall off....

I talked to the vet further and explained he didn't take his first meal and that he wasn't having any BM or passing uriates on his own, nor was there any movement of his lower fourth. So the vet told me the outcome was bleak.

We made the decision to euthanize him...

I had to learn the lesson of making sure your cages/tubs are secure the hard way...

Anyway thanks for all your thoughts and good vibes.

Nanci
07-16-2007, 06:38 PM
(((Layna))) I'm so sorry. I'm glad you had the strength to make the right decision, even though it must hurt awfully.

Nanci

Emanon
07-16-2007, 07:14 PM
what a bummer. Sorry for the loss of the little one!

dwyn127
07-16-2007, 07:41 PM
That's too bad Layna. Hopefully someone learns from your lesson so they don't have to find out 1st hand.

Eriathiel
07-16-2007, 07:46 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss - it must be heartbreaking. I know you did everything you could though to save him. I hope you feel better!

Roy Munson
07-16-2007, 08:38 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, Layna. :(

rolandslf
07-17-2007, 12:34 AM
I am very, very sorry and saddened to hear of your loss.
Maybe it was the best course to take. Just remember that there are many of us on the forum who have experienced the same before and you have us with you in emotions and feelings.
At least you did learn something out of this.

Ciao

Velvet
07-17-2007, 02:36 AM
I am so so sorry to hear of your loss!

I lost one of my little guys yesterday too and am absolutely heartbroken...

Keep your chin up! ((HUGS))

diamondlil
07-17-2007, 02:40 AM
That's an awfully hard way to learn a lesson, my condolences Layna.

Corny Noob
07-17-2007, 11:55 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss.
He's not suffering any more, be happy.

rolandslf
07-18-2007, 12:37 AM
I agree, a very hard way to learn a lesson.
Life however can be very cruel, and we will find that things like this make us mentally as well as emotionally stronger, this is what makes us Human Beings.
Sorry about going off Topic.

Ciao

Mrs InsaneOne
07-18-2007, 08:02 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss. It's never easy to lose a beloved pet and in such a terrible way too.

Jenn