• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is it respiratory?

lynn

Took Tango to the shop this morning but the girl's were not sure what was wrong, so we will take her back tomorrow when the boss is in. Tango had started wheezing or sneezing last night and today when we took her to the shop she has a swelling that is quite long and quite big, like she has a lot of fluid in there. I hadn't noticed this before now, even though I had been handling her. No wonder the poor thing hasn't been eating. This is probably my fault and I don't want to lose her. I should of waited till she was eating the large mice before moving her into her last viv, but she seemed like she was on the go all the time and there wasn't a lot of room in the old viv. Maybe it's been too much at once and Iv'e stressed her out too much and made her ill. Anyhow hopefully she will be sorted out tomorrow, if need be they have a hospital at the shop and have their own reptile vet. I am totally gutted at the moment.

I highly doubt it had anything to do with moving the snake to a larger viv, UNLESS the temps in the larger viv were lower than the other one. This means ambient temps too.

I would suggest definitly seeing a qaulified reptile vet as soon as you can.

bmm

In the mean while, raise your temps some. ANY increase in temps, so long as they do not burn the snake or cause the snake to crawl away in search of cooler areas, will help the animal fight off whatever is ailing it. Take it to a vet ASAP, but until then . . . raise the temps!

:(

Thank's for your help but got a real big problem with vet's at the moment, going to put a new post on.

Back