PDA

View Full Version : Food Size for Reguritation on a Yearling? HELP!

Food Size for Reguritation on a Yearling? HELP!

Seakat
07-28-2007, 06:38 PM
What size of mouse would you recommend for a yearling who regurgitated this week. She is about 130 grams and is on hoppers. We have had a lot of activity at our house this week and I had to move her tank-I have a feeling it was stress.

I am planning on feeding for 7 days post regurgitation, so I have some time to get smaller food it I need to. :shrugs:

Roy Munson
07-28-2007, 06:51 PM
I bump corns from hoppers to weaneds at about 90g. So I don't think you have to go to a smaller size at the next feeding. I'd giver her her normal hopper for the next couple of feedings. If all goes well, bump her to weaneds. I'd give her a full 10 days from the date of the regurge just to give her enough time for her digestive system to recover.

Seakat
07-31-2007, 10:13 AM
R- sorry I have not gotten back to you. We got setteled in our new house in Columbus, OH. Cornelia usually gets 2 hoppers a feeding every 10 days. She has a nice lump post feeding. Per your advice, I will just feed her one, she is not due till next Sunday. Poor little thing! I felt so bad for her. You can tell she is hungry, she is out at night and looking a me...like "hello...can you feed me now....
We made the trip from Jersey on Sunday to Ohio in 9 hours. The fish all lived, the cats did great as well as the snakes.
Thanks for the advice.

Roy Munson
07-31-2007, 10:29 AM
R- sorry I have not gotten back to you. We got setteled in our new house in Columbus, OH. Cornelia usually gets 2 hoppers a feeding every 10 days. She has a nice lump post feeding. Per your advice, I will just feed her one, she is not due till next Sunday. Poor little thing! I felt so bad for her. You can tell she is hungry, she is out at night and looking a me...like "hello...can you feed me now....
We made the trip from Jersey on Sunday to Ohio in 9 hours. The fish all lived, the cats did great as well as the snakes.
Thanks for the advice.
Yeah, after a regurge a snake will often cruise around looking for food anyway. But it's best to give them a full ten days. A little hunger won't hurt them, but consecutive regurges will.

I'm glad all your animals survived the move! :)

Seakat
07-31-2007, 10:39 AM
Not to worry,she will get a full 10 day break from food.
Thank you. :)