• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

F/T how do you do it?

tsst

Deuce is watching!
When I had Boo he was on pinkies so we thawed in hot water for 10 - 15 mins. Now have Deuce who eats fuzzies. What is best way to thaw fuzzies. I did it same as pinkies but left in hot tap water for about 30 mins. Is this method ok or should I be room temp thawing. By the way I do not put it in water direct it stays in a ziplock baggie in the water. Thanks!

It should be ok to do it the same way - I generally change the water two to three times when thawing a fuzzy!

I changed it twice to keep it hot. When I take it out of water I usually feel it to see if it is thawed and feels warm and it did. Deuce took it quick so it must have been ok to him. I just like to get opinions on things I have not done alot. Thanks Eriathiel!

I do my feeder mice this way also, changing the hot water a few times. Someone on this forum said if you squeeze the head and it is soft the mouse is thawed. I wouldn't let it thaw at room temp. because of salmonella. If it is a big feeder ( and would sit out for more then 30 mins) I put it in the frig the night before and then in hot water day of feeding. good luck, susan

tsst said:
I did it same as pinkies but left in hot tap water for about 30 mins. Is this method ok or should I be room temp thawing. By the way I do not put it in water direct it stays in a ziplock baggie in the water.
I use the same method, multiplied. I am generally feeding over 50 mice of various sizes, but I use the same criteria for readiness: is the mouse warm to the touch and pliable throughout? If the mouse bends easily and feels warm all over, it's ready to feed to the snake.

Back