PDA

View Full Version : bob needs to eat :(

bob needs to eat :(

Annihilation-
07-31-2007, 06:29 PM
well i just tried to feed bob about an hour ago...i cut the head off of a pinky and set him in his feeding container with it and he just sat there for a min then decided to explore a tad...when he came across the head he flicked at it once and quickly turned his head from it and went the other way...each day hes getting skinnier and skinnier and im worried im gona lose him...im trying my best to help him but it dosent seem like he wants it...he still drinks water and wanders his tank somewhat...not nearly as much as he used to but still does...now most of the time he will just lay wherever...

im thinking when i get my shipment from rodentpro i should try doing the chicken stock thing...to see if that will convince him to eat...7 days since he regured...i figured he might go for a little something...was wrong sadly...

joe is doing well though...i fed him the body of the pinky...just threw the head away incase bob is sick...i know he isisnt but its not worth the chance...

when do you think i should try to feed him a broth'd pinky head?

diamondlil
07-31-2007, 06:51 PM
Just had a quick look through your 'Bob' posts. As he was eating a pinky once a week and needs to go up a prey size, why did you try just a head? I'd go for a bigger pink or a peach fuzz, personally

Roy Munson
07-31-2007, 06:55 PM
I dunno. I'm wondering why you tried feeding him again so soon when you were advised to wait 8-10 days after the regurge. I know that it's hard to wait that long, but I'd actually advise the full 10 days.

I also think you need to leave him alone while he's feeding. An hour is nothing. Here's what I'd do: I'd wait three days, then offer him his meal at dusk in a very small container, and place the container in a dark area with zero foot traffic or disturbances. I'd throw a piece of cardboard in the container as a hide. Then I'd leave the snake alone for 12 hours. No peeking.

Honestly, I don't think scenting is very useful in kick-starting a snake's appetite, but who knows? That's something that's usually done to get a snake that has never eaten to start doing so. Your snake has been eating. You also need to space out attempts if the next one fails. You don't want to condition him to refusals.

Good luck.

diamondlil
07-31-2007, 07:00 PM
I dunno. I'm wondering why you tried feeding him again so soon when you were advised to wait 8-10 days after the regurge. I know that it's hard to wait that long, but I'd actually advise the full 10 days.

I also think you need to leave him alone while he's feeding. An hour is nothing. Here's what I'd do: I'd wait three days, then offer him his meal at dusk in a very small container, and place the container in a dark area with zero foot traffic or disturbances. I'd throw a piece of cardboard in the container as a hide. Then I'd leave the snake alone for 12 hours. No peeking.

Honestly, I don't think scenting is very useful in kick-starting a snake's appetite, but who knows? That's something that's usually done to get a snake that has never eaten to start doing so. Your snake has been eating. You also need to space out attempts if the next one fails. You don't want to condition him to refusals.

Good luck.
Thanks, Dean. I must have missed the bit about a regurge :shrugs:

Annihilation-
07-31-2007, 07:58 PM
:( your right...i need to be stronger and just leave him alone...thanks