PDA

View Full Version : need help with uk vet

need help with uk vet

lynn
04-05-2003, 01:43 PM
Took Tango to the shop, he said we need to go the vet, got the number but found out the vet is on holiday for two week's. We got another number for a rescue center not too far away and he is on holiday as well. hubby has been phoning round different vet's, while I was at work but he got no where. They haven't a clue what to do with snake's. I don't know what to do now. Please if anyone know's of a rep vet in or around Co Durham could you let me know. Thank you, Rep vet's are like gold-dust in the uk.

snakemanone
04-06-2003, 09:37 AM
hi lynn.

maybe if you post the prob someone here might have some suggestions, i live in the uk too and have loads of aggro finding a vet around the northants area.

good luck........................STEVE

lynn
04-06-2003, 01:29 PM
Thank's Steve, Iv'e spent load's of time on the net and the phone trying to find one, I got lucky I found one five min's before I had to go to work today. The vet won't be there until Tuesday so I am going to have to wait, Iv'e made an appointment and it's going to take about 50 min's to get there. What would be the best way to transport her, she is going to be out her viv quite a long time? I usually take her to the rep shop for normal check's in a pillowcase. I did put a post in a bit earlier but I need to get her to the vet. Like you said getting a rep vet is really difficult here. It's her feed day on Monday but as she is going there I will wait till we come back on Tuesday, I wouldn't want her to regurge if she did eat.:(

snakemanone
04-06-2003, 01:58 PM
GOOD LUCK.

I hope it all goes well for the both of you.

Is that the only snake you have or do you have more,its not very often i get to talk to anyone from the uk, its a shame your so far, i have just sold one of my last year babes,didnt realy want to but as i was coming out of the pet shop (i was after pinkies)there was a young lad with his dad,anyway the dad said to the boy that the shop didnt have any snakes,anyone one thing led to another and i let him have one of mine realy cheap.

i wish you well............................................st eve

lynn
04-06-2003, 03:38 PM
That was a bit of luck, must be a good feeling when you see them hatching. Iv'e got another corn called Wilma she will be three later in the year, a carolina and Tango is an Amel, lovely strong orange colour, she is nearly two. Tango is the poorly one. I have also got a leopard gecko, just been getting it, I don't know if it is male or female yet as it is only five week's old. I have had Wizzy two week's.

I sent an email to a rep vet online today and he thought she might be gravid, but I have not felt any egg's at all, and if it is fluid that she has, maybe she has been gravid and they have gone bad? She has not been mated but I know they can produce infertile egg's. Whatever, I will hopefully find out on Tuesday. I know you can't really say what thing's are without actually seeing them.

Filovirus
04-09-2003, 09:44 AM
i live in Reading... and when i purchased my snakes one of the first questions i asked was "and do you know of a good vet"

the store did obviously (it's the one they use) and by sheer luck he'd just moved his sertvices to Reading.. the surgery he works out of is 5 mins from my door.. !!!

is northhants too far to travel to berkshire...??