PDA

View Full Version : Poop?!

Poop?!

texasgirl
08-01-2007, 07:38 PM
My snake ate on Sunday morning. How long before it poops and will it be really tiny? I think I see something resembling what I would imagine snake poop would look like but it's so small I'm not sure :shrugs:
I think someone told me that at his current size I probably wouldn't even be able to find his poop. (hatched 7/2)
What do ya think?

SNAKEWISPERA
08-01-2007, 08:17 PM
if it looks like poop its poop.
And what substrate are you using because i personally find paper towel for hatchlings is best because you can see it.
Joel

Ginafish
08-01-2007, 09:26 PM
With a hatchling as new as yours, I wouldn't be surprised if he pooped within the past day or so and it's just hidden from view within the substrate. If the substrate is a pale color, such as aspen, then if you see a dark brown, ruddy little stain, then it's most likely poop. If you're using anything like Repti-bed or shredded bark, then you'll probably have a tough time noticing it.

Roy Munson
08-01-2007, 10:05 PM
There isn't much difference between a corn hatchling's feces/urates and what you might expect to be produced by a small bird. I keep all hatchlings and snakes under ~50g (or so) on paper towels, so there is no mistaking what they've been up to. Your snake is less than a month old, so you aren't going to see volume.

:-offtopic
Welcome to the forum, by the way. I saw your intro thread, but I didn't want to be counted among those jackals in that thread, so I'll bid you welcome here. ;)

Spork
08-01-2007, 10:16 PM
It looks like bird poop, Yellow liquid with a brown center.