PDA

View Full Version : Curious...

Curious...

thugz
08-02-2007, 11:56 PM
Just got my corn today and at the store the person told me that this snake was currently being fed twice a week on F/T or live w/e they decided that day... he then told me that tomorrow was his NEXT scheduled feeding day and that i should feed him.

i have read many times that when u buy a corn u should wait a few weeks until you feed it... so idk if i should feed it tomorrow or wait. :o will feeding it hurt it in some way?

it's about 3mths old

Howler
08-03-2007, 12:13 AM
Feeding the snake while stressed could just stress it out more so yes, there is the possibility of it 'hurting' the snake...although, unless my snakes are shipped or very badly shaken up...I usually feed them about four to five days after letting them sit in their new homes, comfortable and alone. I don't disturb them, I leave them alone and come...four to five days I try to feed. If the snake takes it, I leave it alone for another week or so...otherwise, if the snake seems hesitant and frightened I leave it alone for two weeks and try again.

:shrugs: Although that's just my method...hope it helps.

susang
08-03-2007, 12:15 AM
I have heard and read on Kathy Loves website, to wait a few days, but not weeks. I would skip the feeding tomorrow and pick up the twice a week feeding on next feeding day. This will give your snake about five days to settle in. If your snake will take f/t I would also stick with that rather then do the live/ stunned feeding. JMHO, susan

jaxom1957
08-03-2007, 12:55 AM
Just got my corn today and at the store the person told me that this snake was currently being fed twice a week on F/T or live w/e they decided that day... he then told me that tomorrow was his NEXT scheduled feeding day and that i should feed him.

i have read many times that when u buy a corn u should wait a few weeks until you feed it... so idk if i should feed it tomorrow or wait. :o will feeding it hurt it in some way?It's often recommended that you wait four days, but never "weeks". I don't wait at all. I feed the new snake on my next scheduled feeding day. The hypo lav I got yesterday was fed tonight, and ate just fine.

What's the worst that would happen? The snake wouldn't eat, so? You've lost nothing by offering the food. If it isn't interested, wait several days and offer food again.

thugz
08-03-2007, 06:21 PM
thannk you.

since it doesn't appear nothing will be wrong if i do feed it i'm going to go ahead and do so. I found out that the snake has a 14 day guarantee andd if i wait to feed it and something WAS wrong with the snake then i may be voiding the guarantee because i didn't follow the guys instructions to feed it tonight :p getting a few pinkies tonight to feed it. what time should i feed it though? i hear that they are nocturnal so should i wait until it's dark or can he eat while there is still light

LeeC
08-03-2007, 06:42 PM
if your corn is hungry and settled in, you can feed them day or night - they just like food :) make sure not to handle it for at least 48 hours after feeding though. and make sure it has fresh water to drink after eating.

thugz
08-04-2007, 06:12 AM
haha, i wasn't GOING to handle it after eating but... i left my house after feeding and came back and he got out of his cage :| he was just chilling ontop inside of something i put up there as a makeshift hole cover because i was supposed to go to the reptile store to buy a new mesh lid but my dad forgot to take me. i'm going today though :p

btw i fed it two pinkies but i think they may have been too small (they left no real bulge in his stomach) should the next time i feed him be the next size up?

Annihilation-
08-04-2007, 11:33 PM
im like J...i just got a new one today and fed it tonight...it went right for them so it was obviously fine with eating...lol...right now hes just curled up in the corner on the warm end letting it digest