PDA

View Full Version : Live or go hungry?

Live or go hungry?

DogStar5988
08-06-2007, 11:01 PM
Well I've gotten myself into a bit of a dilemma, today was Dante's feeding day that the pet store only has really big or really small mice. I am trying to get ahold of my other supplier to put in an order, but so far they are not answering. If I do get ahold of them its usually a few days before they can drop off the frozen mice. So if I went to the pet store I could get a small adult live easy, but not frozen. I know people might rag on me for it but I just cannot kill the mouse myself (at least not directly as in breaking its neck). I realize that a mouse has to die no matter what but I am just not the type to be able to go through with it. So anyway what do you think I should do? It could be as long as a week until I can get I frozen mouse. Thanks for your help. ;)

---Kenny

grimm1
08-06-2007, 11:16 PM
instead of breaking its neck or thumping it to stun, try gassing with co2. a little vinager and baking soda. use a small cup half full or less of vinager, place in middle of a coffee can with mouse, add table spoon of baking soda put lid on and bingo, gas chamber.

starsevol
08-07-2007, 10:29 AM
If Dante is of good weight and otherwise healthy I think he can skip a meal. Corns in nature eat alot less frequently than our pets do.

I can empathize with you about euthanizing a feeder, I just can't do it either!
And then there is always the chance that Dante might get hooked on fresh killed or stunned and then you would really be up the creek! :)

DogStar5988
08-07-2007, 11:14 PM
If Dante is of good weight and otherwise healthy I think he can skip a meal. Corns in nature eat alot less frequently than our pets do.

I can empathize with you about euthanizing a feeder, I just can't do it either!
And then there is always the chance that Dante might get hooked on fresh killed or stunned and then you would really be up the creek! :)
Very good point, I hadn't thought of that one. I tried calling "Snakey Snacks" again today but still no answer. Its been almost two months since I've ordered from them so they may have gotten out of the business. And to make matters worse the reptile shop near me just closed! I may just have to bite the bullet on this one and buy a live mouse and try to kill it without feeling terrible. But I'll have to freeze it so he doesn't get any ideas about getting fresh killed all the time. Thanks for the input ;)

---Kenny