PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! Baby corn found in my house...

HELP!!! Baby corn found in my house...

brock fluharty
08-09-2007, 10:54 PM
My stap-dad was just doing laundry, and he saw a baby snake curling around an electric wire. I tried to pull him off to take him outside, but he quickly slithered off under my washing machine.

While my stepdad checked under the washing machine, I had a feeling I needed to look under my counter...so I did and there was some of that fly sticky paper. Well, the baby was wrapped around it, stuck. I gently pulled him off, and placed him outside. It's raining, so i'm hoping it'll wash it off, but just as I was setting him on the ground, he started to writhe, and he basically got stuck to himself.

My mom HATES snakes, and she'd never let me bring him back inside, but i'm concerned for him. She told me to kill it, but I told her no, that that was a stupid idea.

Do you think he'll be ok?

Btw, i'm assuming he is a corn snake. He was very pretty. He was offwhite, with red markings. Very bright red. he wasn't albino though. He looked like the ones you see at the pet store. I thought that was odd...

He was only about 4" long.

Thanks,
Brock

Annihilation-
08-09-2007, 11:30 PM
are you sure about the 4" long? i have never hatched a corn snake before but 4 inches is very short...thats like the size of a earth worm...

Eriathiel
08-09-2007, 11:37 PM
to get stinky things off you need to use veggie oil. It goes tape and similar things right off.

brock fluharty
08-09-2007, 11:38 PM
Well, I didn't measure it, but it was definately less than 6".

It looked exactly like the snake in the thread a little bit below me where someone couldn't get a baby snake to eat, so they force fed it crickets or something. It was so pretty, I couldn't believe it was wild. I was just at the pet store the other day and saw one exactly like it. Maybe it crawled into my pocket? Lol. I never thought a wild corn snake could be so pretty...

brock fluharty
08-09-2007, 11:38 PM
Will vegetable oil hurt him?

Annihilation-
08-09-2007, 11:46 PM
na, it wouldnt hurt the snake, but i would wash him off with some not warm, but not cold water afterwords to make sure hes nice and clean

brock fluharty
08-09-2007, 11:52 PM
Well I went back to get him to wash him off, but he was gone, so I figure he must be ok if he could slither away right? I feel so bad that I left him...

Eriathiel
08-10-2007, 01:26 AM
Well I hope he's ok - if you find him use the veggie oil it won't hurt him - and I realized I typed stinky before... I meant sticky - silly me! :)