PDA

View Full Version : Custom status titles and avatars

Custom status titles and avatars

Chip
04-10-2003, 11:34 AM
Was wondering when these will be enabled. I try not to post unless I have something to offer that hasn't been mentioned, so maybe my post numbers are lower than some others of similar membership. But I'd like to change my status from "new member" and maybe post a pic of one of my Okeetees one day. Thanks for running such a great site.
Chip Bridges

Rich Z
04-10-2003, 12:29 PM
Titles cannot be changed until a user has passed the two goals ofL (1) being a member here for at least 30 days, AND (2) posted at least 30 messages.

I didn't think avatars were also limited by the above limitations, but perhaps that is so. I don't see anything specific in the admin section that allows me to control access to them specifically.

I look upon the limits as being a reward for those people whom have contributed messages to this site. Granted, there are some people whom have abused this by posting a bunch of rather useless messages just to get over the limit, but all in all, I think the reasoning is sound on having it set that way.

Glad you like the site!

Chip
04-10-2003, 07:03 PM
Rich,
Got it. I'll bide my time. I've read a few posts that seemed to contain inexperienced advice, to say the least. So I thought I should keep mine (lifetime with herps, but only breeding corns since '99) to a minimum. There seem to be some very experienced herpers on these boards too, and they do the whole hobby a big favor.
I hope the new owners who buy my snakes are as eager to learn (and practice proper husbandry) as many of those on these boards. It saddens me to get get calls from my buyers saying "My snake got out of it's aquarium, I must have forgotten to put the brick on the screen" or "this baby snake you sold keeps throwing up... it must have been sick, it's cold in the room but I got a heat rock."
I think I'll add this website and Bill and Kathy's book with each neonate I sell to a beginner this year! Hey, what's $14.10 and an internet address compared to the alternative?
Thanks again for your dedication to this hobby/business and for putting your time and energy into the website.
Chip