• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Undersize?

Pet Corn Snake

Hello guys, long time no see, just enjoying the school holidays :)

It has come to my attention once again that Damien seems a little (a lot) smaller then some other corns of his possible age, by this I mean, he could be an 05 or an 06, but I feel he might be a little to small/thin, I feed Damien one small adult each 7 days, and I have done since I have owned him, of course I have upgraded the size of his mice since then, but I dont know if I should upgrade the size anymore since I think Damien is eating the right things now, the same thickness as his body, maybe a little thicker, he seems really healthy, and is very active, I have read many times, some snakes grow quicker then others, etc.. etc..

anyways here is a picture, sure is nice posting here again :) hope your all well :)

Opps, sorry wrong part of the forum,

also, he has not got mites, ( I check him a lot) and I'm pretty sure he aint got worms..

That's a great shot of him, George. :cheers:

He looks well proportioned-- maybe a few grams on the light side. Nothing to be alarmed over. He'd be on the small side for an '05, but large for an '06. Since you don't know his hatch year, we can't really use age as a point of comparison to other corns. I wouldn't recommend that you feed him more frequently, and I wouldn't bump his prey size until the current size hardly leaves a lump in him. Looks like you've done a good job with him so far. :)

He looks fine to me. If he's still acting normal and healthy than he's probably fine. ^_^ He's really cute and i'm sure he'll be fine.

He looks okay to me- he doesn't display any of the signs of underfeeding or anything. It could be just his genetics make him smaller, But I wouldn't be concerned- as Dean said, he's well proportioned and looks fine to me. :)

Wow George he's certainly getting bigger.
Couldn't say if he's big for 06 or small for 05.
He is a nice looking snake though.
anyway where you been? missed seeing you here
MIKE

He's a lovely boy! In good condition I would say, as Dean said, maybe slightly on the lighter side but that's certainly better than him being overweight! :) He looks good!

You must also remember that corns can vary considerably in size. I have 7month old corns that are the same size now as one of my others was when he was 9months old...

Some take a while to shoot up and really fill in nicely. My anery motley has always been a long "skinny" (not thin) snake, it's only now that he's started to really fill out nicely! He's about a year and a half old now. :)

What you could try perhaps is feeding your boy rats of the same size as the mice he is getting. Been feeding my anery motley rat pups and it's since then that he's been filling out so well... :)

Back