PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Shed Normal...

Fresh Shed Normal...

Solaris16
05-04-2002, 02:31 PM
Hi Everyone,
I have been waiting and waiting for my 10 month old normal, Sunny, to shed his skin. Last night I was up watching him, he was so close to shedding but I kept falling asleep so I had to go to bed. This morning I got up and found that he had had his first bad shed ever. I've been doing everything right, bathing him daily, misting him several times daily and providing him with a wet hide box. I asked Mom to mist him during the day while I was at school, but she forgot. I misted him before I went to school each morning while he was in shed, when I got home, as well as several more times between then and when I went to bed. The lowest the humidity got during the day was 43%. This is the only reason I can see for the bad shed. It came of him 3 pieces, the top of his head and neck, the bottom of his head and neck, as well as the rest of his body. He retained a the tip of his tail as well as a few other teeny spots on his body. I got those off quickly by letting him slid through a wet cloth. Is the only reason for this the drop in humidty during the day?

Here are a few pictures of Sunny that I took this morning. Enjoy! Wendy :D

Solaris16
05-04-2002, 02:32 PM
Here is another picture of Sunny, he looks so cute in this one!:p

Solaris16
05-04-2002, 02:33 PM
This one is even cuter!:rolleyes:

Solaris16
05-04-2002, 02:36 PM
Here is a mid-body shot...:cool:

monna62
05-04-2002, 07:25 PM
I really like your snake! Wish mine were here already! I don't know about sheds too much yet. I am waiting for the cornsnake manual to come, it is ordered. I also wish it were June, that is when my snake will be born! (from a breeder) Boy May is going to be a slow month! Good Luck~~from my pets to yours!
One Shetland Pony, two dogs, one cockateil, and a snake baby on it way into the world :)

Serpwidgets
05-05-2002, 01:40 AM
Sometimes it is torn while they are shedding it and it doesn't all end up in one piece. I wouldn't call that a bad shed, unless some was still stuck to them when they were done.

The tail piece sticking is common. Some corns have more problems with this than others, but as long as you get that piece off there's nothing to worry about. :)

Sounds like you did everything you could, so I'd just move on and hope the next one is better.

Very pretty normal, BTW. :)

lynn
05-05-2002, 06:16 AM
Lovely pic's how do you get him to stay still, mine take's off for a wander as soon as she is put on the floor. My snake does'nt always shed in one piece but as long as it's all off I wouldn't worry too much.

jim
05-05-2002, 07:53 AM
n/p

Simon
05-05-2002, 08:34 PM
very nice snake indeed!!!