PDA

View Full Version : How much should i feed him

How much should i feed him

RiaBird
04-11-2003, 07:59 AM
hi its me again sorry to be such a pain.
My 6 month old amel is currently eating 2 pinky every 5 days he is 22" long and very active, he loves his food. He shed for the first time on Wednesday and i have had him for about 5 weeks, i thought that he should be shedding more often than that is this because i am not feeding him enough.. Do you think i ought to feed him more mice or more often...
Any advice is very much welcome....

Thanks

Ria:D

bmm
04-11-2003, 09:19 AM
Hi. Sheding once every five weeks is totally normal. The most even little ones shed is about once per 4 weeks. So you are right on track.

If he has no problems eating two pinkies at once then you can move him to something larger. I am fairly sure a 22 incher can eat a fuzzy easily.

Just keep feeding him items that are the same size as his widest point, or slightly larger. Once he can easily take two of any size item you can normally move them up.

bmm

fateamber
04-11-2003, 11:54 AM
Is Akasha a normal size? she is 8 months old and 16 inches long. Reading other peoples posts it sounds like she is tiny.

CAV
04-11-2003, 12:00 PM
I have several that are the same age and range 17-24 inches. All are on the same feeding schedule.