PDA

View Full Version : Is she starting to get hippy?

Is she starting to get hippy?

Corny Noob
08-16-2007, 09:49 PM
I'm wondering if I need to cut back on Nagini's feedings, I fear she might be developing her feminine hips.
She's currently on the hopper level of the Munson plan her meals are at most 14g right now and she's eatting every 5 days.
I think I'm going to cut her back to six now though.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e354/nifer10/Nagini/RSCN3572.jpg

Tula_Montage
08-16-2007, 09:57 PM
She just needs to poop :-p Most of my corns get bloated a few days after feeding.

Corny Noob
08-16-2007, 09:58 PM
It's been 5 days since her last feed though, and tonight was feeding night.
I even had her out for 20 minutes and she didn't poop on me. :shrugs:

diamondlil
08-16-2007, 10:02 PM
If you do think she's developing hips, then maybe every 5 days is too often. You could see if 6-7 days helps. I usually go to 6 days on hoppers fwiw

Blue Apple Herps
08-16-2007, 10:05 PM
Once I get past pinkys to fuzzies I switch to once a week and it works great for me. They may not grow as fast, but they maintain a healthy and toned weight and none of mine are overweight or hippy.

Duff
08-16-2007, 10:41 PM
Once I get past pinkys to fuzzies I switch to once a week and it works great for me. They may not grow as fast, but they maintain a healthy and toned weight and none of mine are overweight or hippy.Agreed. I use less aggressive feeding schedules and have never had any weight or regurge issues (have yet to have a single regurge in any of my snakes). I just think it's better on the snakes to have a little more time to digest and get out and active looking for the next meal, rather than be served before they're even really hungry. What's the hurry to grow them up?

Corny Noob
08-16-2007, 10:57 PM
Well I'm just following the munson plan is all :shrugs:
And the only reason she ever had a regurg was me not leaving her alone when she first came here and she got too stressted out :sobstory:

But uh, Elle was right I should never doubt her.
I left her in her feeding container too long (I leave her in for a little bit afterwards so she doesn't bite me) and well she crapped...so big of a crap that obviously in a 2 gallon kritter keeper she could not avoid it. So I had to wash her off before putting her back in her tank ewww :rolleyes:

Nanci
08-17-2007, 07:51 AM
I don't see how a snake that is eating fuzzies could be old enough or have the fat reserves to be developing hips...Glad it was just poo!

Nanci