PDA

View Full Version : Sag Under Chin?

Sag Under Chin?

Solaris16
05-04-2002, 02:50 PM
Hi Everyone!

This is my 30th post! Yay! Byebye "newbie member" days!
My question is about the sag under my 10 month olds chin. It has been there for quite some time now. Is this anything to worry about? It isn't hard, it doesn't seem to be fluid filled either, but I can make it go away for a second if I stoke it. There is a good picture of it under the "Photo Gallery" under a thread called "Pictures of My Blue-Eyed Normal". Please tell me what you think! Thanks! Wendy :)

Warren
05-05-2002, 03:58 AM
Hey Wendy,

Can you give us a little more info. What temp. is your cage at floor level? Is he/she wheezing or anything like that? Is the mouth open slightly or more?

wc

LizS
05-05-2002, 12:02 PM
Wendy, I looked at the picture, and to me it looks like edema, especially because you say that if you massage it it goes away for a while. Edema is fluid accumulation in the tissues which can be due to various causes. It differs from inflammation in that it's not painful, hot or red. Unless anything has changed since you posted the picture, I would keep an eye on it and see if it improves on its own during the next 3 days or so. If it remains the same, or worsens, I would take him to the vet if I were you.

lynn
05-07-2002, 02:01 AM
mine had a sag as well but it went after about a week, what can cause it please? I wouldn't like to think I was doing something wrong.

Solaris16
05-07-2002, 01:27 PM
Hi Everyone,

The floor temperature of Sunny's aqaurium is kept at between 24-27 C on the warm side and the cool side is kept at room temperature, which is usually about 21 C, but can be warmer depending on the weather. He is kept on plain paper towels. Sunny is eating as well as always, he isn't weezing at all nor is his mouth open at all. He is acting completely normal in every way. This sag has been there for quite away, but just recently did I think that there might be something not right with it. It also goes away partially every now and then, which would make me think it could be some sort of edema. I hope this helps a little. I think that I will take him to the vet anyway just in case though! Thanks! Wendy :)