PDA

View Full Version : Some kind of infection,need help..

Some kind of infection,need help..

Noe..gr
08-25-2007, 02:39 PM
During my last check on my snakes,I saw a swallowing in my female sunkissed's throat. I opened her mouth to examine it and saw some kind of blister at the beginning of her throat,closing the opening.
I removed all her bedding,cleaned the cage,put a paper for bedding,fresh water and wait...
This was two days ago.The infection is still there.The "bubble" is clear and seems to be filled with air or maybe clear liquid.
I have to add that she is active as always,ate normally a f/t weaned mouse 8 days ago and the temp in her enclosure is between 84F-86F.
That's the best way I can describe it.Can you help me?Anyone has seen anything like that? :eek1:

Tinycritters
08-25-2007, 05:56 PM
are there any reptile vets in your area? I would try and take her to a vet. Wish i knew more to help. hopefully someone with more experience will know what it is and provide you with better advice. Wish you the best of luck!

Allison
08-25-2007, 09:16 PM
Yikes, it could be mouth rot. I would take her to the vet.

Good luck with your girl!

Noe..gr
08-26-2007, 05:23 PM
Well,there's no reptile vet in Greece and it's not mouth rot.It must be abscess.I've found some info/treatments in the net,but I'm worried.It won't be an easy thing to heal I think..