PDA

View Full Version : Feeding schedule for month old babies

Feeding schedule for month old babies

Nastassja
08-26-2007, 02:42 PM
I plan on putting my little one on the Munson Plan, but my ex insists on feeding every 7 days rather than every 5. Is feeding every week for his snake going to impact his health? Should I be trying to change his mind? Advice on how to deal with stubborn humans please! lol

NFS07
08-26-2007, 02:49 PM
Feeding every seven days may only slow down the rate at which your snake(s) will grow. If it's your snake then you should feed it how you feel is best and not let a male voice hinder your own ideas. I'm kind of going through the same thing you are at the moment so I can feel your pain.

Rich in KY
08-26-2007, 02:54 PM
I have always preferred feeding every 5 days. It also helps if your baby regurges or refuses to feed to keep it on its scheduled feeding.

Msterry
08-26-2007, 07:08 PM
Countless snakes have been raised from hatchling to adults with the Munson plan successfully. Years ago we did'nt have this guide and many snakes still did well.
A hatchling on a maintence diet (7 days) will eventually show signs not to its well being. Perhaps he is thinking about feeding older snakes?
As the snakes owner it should be your choice to choose whats best for your hatchling. My personal choice is to feed hatchlings every 5 days....Good luck

Nanci
08-26-2007, 07:20 PM
If he's your ex, why do you care??? I have two year olds on a five day schedule. They would be _so_ hungry otherwise!

Nanci

Nastassja
08-27-2007, 03:32 AM
If he's your ex, why do you care??? I have two year olds on a five day schedule. They would be _so_ hungry otherwise!

Nanci

Well, even though we're split up, we maintain a friendship and still hang out.

Aside from that! I will be sure to let him know that a 5 day schedule is healthiest for his snake. :}

Nastassja
08-27-2007, 03:36 AM
.... Also, granted that his snake even decides to eat. We went out yesterday to the pet store to get some frozen pinkies before the mouse factory order could be made (we're buying a bunch and splitting the mice/cost between us); Frostbite ate his with a little coaxing, but his little snake was so terrified of the pinkie that the whole night the snake sat at the polar opposite of the pinkie all night.. I hope he can get his snake to eat. :awcrap:

Msterry
08-28-2007, 01:33 AM
Im happy to hear yours ate and i sure hope his does too. If not there are lots of tips and suggestions that could help. Good luck to you both in the feeding challenge.

pavlo
08-28-2007, 08:04 AM
I feed flake every 7 days but he is not an hatchling, but not very bigger than one, he seems to do fine, one thing I've read is that you should never feed sooner than 5 days.

NFS07
08-28-2007, 09:15 AM
Pavlo, some people feed every four to five days. It depends on how active their snake is while being handled and just how fast they passed their last meal. Feeding every five days is better for a hatchling but every four won't hurt it as long as you are sure it has passed the last meal.

Cegninedorf
08-28-2007, 09:49 AM
Frostbite ate his with a little coaxing, but his little snake was so terrified of the pinkie that the whole night the snake sat at the polar opposite of the pinkie all night.. I hope he can get his snake to eat. :awcrap:

You know, that sounded just like 2 of mine, who are now eating well. One girl refused to eat her pinkies...and then I covered her container with a cloth & left her alone in the kitchen, keeping it dark & quiet. And hour later, voila -- mouse gone & her sitting coiled up contentedly in the corner. Now that Bellerouge is a year old, she's better about it, but she still likes her container covered...

My latest lil'boy, ShugaBoog, not only likes his container darkened by a cloth, and he needs the quiet, but he also needs his food washed. Yup, I just wash those pinkies & fuzzies with soap and pop them into his container. It has made a world of difference with his eating. I also slit his food to enhance digestion, but mostly to give him a "target" of sorts for where to take ahold of his food (because he gave up on a pinky once after gripping it by the midsection...when I slit the head, then the dimwit started to go for that to greater success!).

If you read the FAQs in the Feeder section, or even just peruse that subforum, you'll find all kinds of helpful advice on this...:)

(By the way, I feed my snakes who are on pinkies every 4 days, and when they move to fuzzies, every 4-5 days, depending on the snake...so far, they've kept up beautifully & are always ready for more. :) )

Good luck!