PDA

View Full Version : No poop yet?

No poop yet?

Kjay
08-27-2007, 10:05 PM
I've had Noodles for 2 weeks today. Last Wednesday she ate her first pinkie since I've had her. Today (5 days later) she very willingly ate her second pinkie (butt first!). She hasn't pooped yet...I checked carefully unless baby corn poop is very small. Is this OK? I'm assuming she'll have to go after pink #2? Thanks!

SWINGRRRR
08-27-2007, 10:13 PM
I fed my babies every 5th day. Seems that on the 4th day, theres poop.

Thoth
08-27-2007, 10:36 PM
What substrate are you using? My Eve is about 3 months old and she seems to have four or five TINY poops instead of one big one. And by tiny I mean practically invisible. I have Eve on paper towels, and I still don't see some of them until I take everything out of her viv to do a cleaning. If you have yr snake on woodchips, I wouldn't expect to see anything.

Kjay
08-27-2007, 10:40 PM
Yes, she's on 2" of reptile aspen (and makes lots of tunnels). If I can't see the poops, do I just change all the aspen like once a week or what? Thanks again!

Nastassja
08-28-2007, 02:29 AM
My baby is about a month old, and he just made his third poop in my presence. I've had him since last Friday. I fed him Sat., Aug 25th at 8 PM, and this afternoon he made a poo that saturated the paper towels the size of a quarter. What a massive poo!

I can guess that snakes don't always poo the same, but I thought I'd just share my experience with you.

pavlo
08-28-2007, 08:00 AM
Mine poops like two days after eating then two days again and then he poops again on the seventh day when I feed him again, I use paper towels and I notice imediatly when he poops, I haven't use any other substrate so I don't really know if it's hard to notice but with paper towels I see it, not very big but visible, when he does it I change it.

SnBMeg
08-28-2007, 08:04 AM
Just my two cents of experience:

I have my little corn on aspen, and she digs tunnels and all that. The only times I have ever seen her poop are either when she does it on me or, last night, in her feeding tub. The times she's gone on my hand/arm have been big (probably the entire remains of her previous meal, lol), but the one yesterday was very small (though her skin is light enough that I could see that there was more on the way).

In the month that I've had her, I've never been able to find waste in her viv, even after completely going through it "with a fine-toothed comb." So I just change it all.

Nanci
08-28-2007, 08:37 AM
Ah, poo anxiety! I'd tell you to calm down, and not worry about it, but I have a new animal (bearded dragon) and I don't know when she is supposed to poo and what it's supposed to look like and how often she is supposed to go...So I can sympathize! But I do feel comfortable telling you that with my baby snakes, I rarely see poo, because the poo is tiny and it gets hidden in the aspen. Then there's Lila. I assumed she had tiny poos, since she is tiny, but one day when I was cleaning her viv while she was out to dinner I lifted up the cool hide she never goes in and found the poo stockpile!! By the time your snake is one year old, you should be easily finding the poo.

Nanci

NFS07
08-28-2007, 01:01 PM
Young poo is small and mostly clear, be happy for it. You can try looking around the tank for it, as Nanci said it might be stockpiled somewhere easy for you to find so when you take her out to feed her do a real quick look under everything, behind everything. I'm not sure about changing, I guess you could stick to the once a month idea. If you feed every five days then at most you'll have 7 or 8 piles of poo around. I don't think that is enough to cause problems but I'm not sure so if someone else could chime in that would be great.

TWGarland
08-28-2007, 01:35 PM
count yourself as lucky, wait till your snakes older and you can smell it before you can see it! :-puke01:

Rich in KY
08-28-2007, 02:10 PM
count yourself as lucky, wait till your snakes older and you can smell it before you can see it! :-puke01:

lol :roflmao:

CornNoobie
08-28-2007, 02:49 PM
Ive had mine baby ghost for 2 weeks now, and he tonight was his 3rd feeding (every 5 days), ive managed to find most of his poos, i think, but with having aspen substrate it can be really hard to find it, last night i had to move the aspen round a bit to unearth it! Im sure yours is just the same, next time you feed (assuming you feed him in a seperate container) have a quick rummage around in the aspen and Im sure you'll be suprised/shocked!! :grin01:

Zannah
08-28-2007, 04:45 PM
I had my two (housed separately) on Aspen to start with, but never found any poops. I then changed to kitchen paper, and can't believe the amount they do. They're only 6 months old, but I am constantly changing the paper, especially in Asali's viv. It's more work, but I'm happier with them on paper as I know exactly when it needs changing :crazy02:

mystique
08-28-2007, 07:46 PM
my 6 month lav motley does huge poos around the size of a uk 10pence... my snow on other hand is tiny poops barely noticable....