PDA

View Full Version : Please Help-Yellow.

Please Help-Yellow.

Noodles819
08-31-2007, 06:00 PM
As I was holding my snake today, I noticed a very bright yellow spot on his belly... A little less then an inch away from his head...I have no idea what this is and it just showed up. Please help, I'm very worried about it. I tryed taking a picture but he wasn't to found of that idea.

Thanks.

susang
08-31-2007, 06:25 PM
I'm pretty sure you would get a better response if you could post a pic. A yellow spot doesn't say much. What color corn do you have? Is the heat to high could it have gotten a burn? Does it wipe away? sorry those are my best guesses and questions, susan

Noodles819
08-31-2007, 06:44 PM
Hes an amel motly... I really can't get a picture of him, the location is very hard and my camera isnt the greatest.

The heat isn't high enough for him to get a burn, and there are no signs that he dug down by the UTH. The temp is about 85. If he did get under the carpet and aspen could 85 give him a burn??

It doesnt wip off. :/

Thanks.

susang
08-31-2007, 06:50 PM
No 85 shouldn't burn him but where is your temp probe, because unless it's under the aspen and carpet (not sure why both) the temp could be as high as 100 and that could burn him.
Where is the spot on belly but where?

susang
08-31-2007, 06:51 PM
OK sorry just read an inch from head, duh. Amel mot so other than yellow spot he has a white belly/underside?

Noodles819
08-31-2007, 06:53 PM
The temp prob is right there at the very bottom. I have both because I worry about him laying directly on the glass. Its underneath him kind of on the side of his belly like almost going up his side but not quite. Like I said its a weird looking spot. Its about an inch down from his head.

Noodles819
08-31-2007, 06:55 PM
Yea he has a white tummy.

susang
08-31-2007, 07:01 PM
Well if the heat is under the glass you probably dont need the carpet just more of a mess to clean. i have three amels, one may be het mot, my older male was pretty white bellied, as he has matured he has like yellow spray paint on is belly. I will try to find pics. susan