PDA

View Full Version : Ghost shedding

Ghost shedding

Artite
08-31-2007, 07:08 PM
hello everyone,

I am probably going to sound dumb but i want to know if everything is ok with my ghost, want to make sure.

I have had her for 3 weeks now. She was a healthy eater until she regurgetated for the first time 6 days ago. She is under huge stress it seems. I think she regurgetated because the prey was too big ( fuzzy ) and i do not understand why she is so stressed and refuses to eat. Nothing in the temperature has changed.That makes me think that she is going to shed. But how can i see if she is shedding. What are the signs of shedding in a Ghost snake. Do their eyes change colour? does the skin become lighter? i have never seen her so stressed PLEASE ADVISE thanks for your help

susang
08-31-2007, 07:14 PM
How old is she? Usually they get a dull look to them and the eyes get blueish/dark looking. Is she in with another snake? If she regurged you should wait ten days before you feed again. susan

Artite
08-31-2007, 07:43 PM
How old is she? Usually they get a dull look to them and the eyes get blueish/dark looking. Is she in with another snake? If she regurged you should wait ten days before you feed again. susan

I do not know really how old she is , but she is tiny ( around 6 month old ) Yes she was with an other snake, an other female corn around the same age. she was a great eater just before. I did separated them 2 days before the regurg because the other female start to be very big. ( maybe i made a mistake to separate her just before the meal, they were only 3 weeks together )

She does have this blueish/dark looking. is it the shed ? she is really stress and she doesn't want to be handle since this regurg.

susang
08-31-2007, 07:48 PM
Well they don't like being handled when they are blue. She may have been stressed when you moved her and the move added to it. If she is small a fuzz may have been to big on top of stress. After shed I would try a small pink a go from there. susan