PDA

View Full Version : the pendulum swings...

the pendulum swings...

Thoth
09-02-2007, 03:54 PM
Since Eve has been blue, and the humidity around here's been below 30%, I put a humid hide in there for her. She had a perfect shed two nights ago, so I fed her last night (she refused her pinks while blue). But now my problem is she might be *too* wet. Except when she was in her feeding tub, she's been in her humid hide pretty much non-stop for 2-3 days. I know corn snakes can develop blisters if they're allowed to stay too humid. So what should I do? Should I wait another day and a half for her to digest, then remove the hide? Should I disturb her now and risk a regurge?

Oh, and a little more to complicate things: from the advice several members gave me about the oppressive, ineluctable heat that's bearing down on LA right now, I moved her viv to the living room near the air conditioner. But the way her viv is positioned (which I can't change), the place she normally hides is much brighter and exposed, so I think that's why she's chosen this new hide. I wrapped three sides of the viv in aluminum foil to both reflect some light/heat away and make it darker in there for her (the living room is incredibly bright even with all the shades drawn).

Am I just overthinking this? :shrugs:

-jimmie

Susan
09-02-2007, 04:59 PM
The extra humidity in the hide shouldn't be a problem for a few more days. Let her digest her meal and then remove the hide.

Rich in KY
09-02-2007, 05:10 PM
The extra humidity in the hide shouldn't be a problem for a few more days. Let her digest her meal and then remove the hide.

I agree totally

Hawkin'
09-02-2007, 05:37 PM
Am I just overthinking this? :shrugs:

-jimmie

In a word, YES :wavey:

Thoth
09-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Cool. Thanks, all. I'll wait 'til tomorrow night or the next morning and steal her hide away.

wax32
09-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Try to put an identical dry hide in with her... let her choose her humidity.