PDA

View Full Version : Problem feeder eating!!!

Problem feeder eating!!!

nlove_3000
09-06-2007, 01:26 AM
I know this isn't much of a discussion starter, but I had to post to tell people who care. I have a little snow hatchling named Casper. After purchasing him he went on a hunger strike. After 4 weeks of not eating (with a variety of presentations) we got a day old live pinky. That was 4 days ago, and he refused this also at first, but once brained he ate within the hour. I was so excited - but knew not to count on him eating this time...

BUT - today we went with a F/T that we brained (just by poking his head with a thumb tack) and again he started eating within the hour. I'm so pleased. Now that he has eaten twice I feel better. Next time I'll offer without braining and see how it goes....but now I've gained confidence!

Let's hope we can get some weight on this little boy now.

Msterry
09-06-2007, 01:45 AM
Congrads, its great to hear Casper finally ate for you and i hope it continues. Its such a worry when they won't eat and such a great feeliing when they do...Good luck..

pipatic
09-06-2007, 01:52 AM
congrates to ya, good feeling when they start feeding eh,

Cat_Eyed_Lady
09-06-2007, 04:28 AM
So exciteing for you!! you finally found his weakness when it comes to how he wants his food served hehe :) Best in luck with him keeping that up :)