PDA

View Full Version : Advice on two cameras?

Advice on two cameras?

whippet
09-15-2007, 10:00 PM
So does anyone have one of the following? What do you think of them?
Canon powershot s3
or the
canon rebel xol

I have a friend who works at canon and can get me a fab deal on a returned model. I want to be able to get great macro closeups....or at least pictures fairly close up so I can actually see more than just a blurry worm.

Sanebedlam
09-15-2007, 10:27 PM
Personally I love my canon rebel xti unforchantly I am not familiar with the macro capabilities of those.

dwyn127
09-15-2007, 10:30 PM
I've used Canon for years, great product!! Either camera will gove you good pics and macro. The Rebel will give you the option of interchangeable lens, the powershot doesn't.

I'd go Rebel.

DeadMouse
09-19-2007, 05:13 PM
When possible, always go with the camera that you can change lenses on, you get more and better options for the type of photography you want to accomplish that way :)

NFS07
09-19-2007, 07:46 PM
I also have a canon and it's great. Takes some getting used to but once you have the basics down your ready to be a shutter bug!

whippet
11-18-2007, 01:20 PM
Okay so old thread, but it took a while for me to raise the money. I am getting the Rebel Xl! I can't wait!

Stregone
11-18-2007, 07:53 PM
If you are just taking pictures of your snakes, get the rebel. Otherwise get both :) You can't carry the rebel around with you everywhere. You can whip the powershot out of your pocket and about 1 or 2 seconds later snap a shot.