• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

what else?

stevi

hey this isnt really a problem, do corns eat anything else apart from mice?? I know that if i ate the same food ever time i ate then id get real board of it, is this the same for snakes?
Thanks in advanced
stevi :D

FOOD

stevi,
in the wild corns will et whatever they find. in captivity most people feed mice because they are the most readily available and cheapest food item. i do know that they will eat small birds, lizards, some amphibians, and other small rodents but in captivity this can lead to problems. the best idea is just to stick with mice if that is what they are already eating. good luck and have fun, :) jim

Mice meet the nutritional needs of corn snakes very well. If you feed things you find in the wild you may introduce parasites to your pet. Better to be safe. I don't really think that snakes feel bored;)

Alicia

gekko1, I disagree. The snake may begin to prefer anole over mice which could turn into quite a pricey problem while you are trying to make it go back to eating mice. If the snake is feeding well on mice there is really no reason to try something else. Freezing rodents also kills many germs and things they may have.

Iris said:
gekko1, I disagree. The snake may begin to prefer anole over mice which could turn into quite a pricey problem while you are trying to make it go back to eating mice. If the snake is feeding well on mice there is really no reason to try something else. Freezing rodents also kills many germs and things they may have.

this is true, be cool to see your snake eat a lizard though :p

sticking with mice is much much better. The are cheaper and it provides them with the nutrients that they need. Giving them others might be very costly. Stick with the advice and stay with mice

Good Luck and Happy Herping!

Back