PDA

View Full Version : Focusing on the snake?

Focusing on the snake?

Debbie45
09-19-2007, 11:23 AM
I seem to have problems with that. My camera has an auto focus... but it focuses on the wrong thing... or dosen't at all. They come out quite bad haha. Any tips on focusing on the snake while he's in his cage? He just looks cooler climbing around his stuff than just sitting in a tub, but can I make it work?

DeadMouse
09-19-2007, 05:11 PM
Depending on the features of your camera, your best bet is to turn off autofocus and do manual focus. Autofocus will usually try to focus on whatever object it deems is the closest, especially whatever is in the focus area. Some cameras will allow you to change the focus area or allow for dynamic (many) focus areas. There might also be a dial or setting for close-up pictures which is usually labeled as the icon of a flower. That almost always helps when taking pictures of animals. If not, you might also want to check to see if you can change the aperture on your camera which can help with certain focusing aspects, just be sure to use a tripod or something study when trying to take pictures when changing the aperture :)

FWIW, always check your manual for available settings/features and if you do not have it, go the manufacturers web site for possible manual downloads, or just use googles search engine :)

Good luck!