PDA

View Full Version : I've strayed from the Munson Plan!

I've strayed from the Munson Plan!

DogStar5988
09-19-2007, 11:01 PM
So for the last few months Dante has been on Hoppers, and last time I weighed him he was 110g. Now according to Dean's chart I should be feeding Weaned mice but I can only find adults. I fed him last night and he got it down ok, but I'm wondering if I should continue to try and get some weaned mice or should keep feeding him the adults every seven days. It left a really big lump but it didn't look dangerously big, so what do you think? His growth has really slowed down recently and before his recent shed he hadn't shed in almost two months... :shrugs: Thanks

---Kenny

Roy Munson
09-19-2007, 11:17 PM
Well, the Munson Plan is ok, but the old "1.5x snake's girth" rule is easy and reliable. If the adults you're feeding the snake exceed 1.5x the snake's girth, you should try to find smaller prey. If not, then all is well. :)

zwyatt
09-19-2007, 11:18 PM
I've strayed from the Munson Plan!

Blasphemer! ;)

I think you'll be alright sticking with the larger size, as long as he keeps this one down.

Susielea
09-19-2007, 11:21 PM
Hi Kenny,

I find sometimes when I'm moving up a size on the feed, it's easier to give 2 slightly smaller prey items before going onto the bigger one, for a few feeds.
This is especially true if the larger item extends the belly to more than 1 1/2 times the normal girth of your snake.

Hope this helps, best wishes,

Velvet
09-20-2007, 03:40 AM
I must admit, I strayed from the Munson plan a while back too! (Prepared to do penance! lol) My heaviest little guy (Butter) was ready to move onto small fuzzies but one of my others is close to his girth so I moved her up as well even though she was a few grams off the ideal weight to move onto fuzzies. My caramel is MUCH thicker than the butter so I moved her up as well. They have had 3 fuzzy meals now and doing fine, no probs at all! :D

Corny Noob
09-20-2007, 11:12 AM
I'm right around the size where I'm unsure of my next step with the plan too :grin01:

I couldn't find hoppers so I had been feeding multiple fuzzies.
So that by the time I got to the weaned I was like "holy crap this moose is huuuuge how on earth will she swallow it?"

Because I was still so used to feeding her smaller prey items it seems weird to see here actually engorged some o_O;;

MerlinsPop
09-20-2007, 11:45 AM
0.0.1 Human Embryo
:-offtopic I LOVE your attitude! You're going to do so well and Peanut is going to have a fantastic Mommy.

Now please return to this thread already in progress. Oh yeah, I think I shouldn't have let Vern have that second Pinky. He's clearly been out of his hide since Saturday (the 4 poops I found and cleaned up are a clue), but he still hasn't resumed his escape search. He'll get just one pink next time, but maybe a slightly bigger one then the last singles he's had.

B

DogStar5988
09-20-2007, 11:30 PM
So far so good with Dante, I guess I've just been feeding him Hoppers for so long I forgot how much he could really handle. Hopefully he'll get back to his once a month shedding now, but I still feel like a sinner straying from the plan. :grin01: Thanks for the encouragement everyone ;)

---Kenny

ozymandias
12-27-2008, 12:22 PM
So for the last few months Dante has been on Hoppers, and last time I weighed him he was 110g. Now according to Dean's chart I should be feeding Weaned mice but I can only find adults. I fed him last night and he got it down ok, but I'm wondering if I should continue to try and get some weaned mice or should keep feeding him the adults every seven days. It left a really big lump but it didn't look dangerously big, so what do you think? His growth has really slowed down recently and before his recent shed he hadn't shed in almost two months... :shrugs: Thanks

---Kenny

whatis the munson plan ?

Eli173
12-27-2008, 01:51 PM
This is the Munson Plan.
http://cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50106&highlight=munson+plan

ozymandias
12-27-2008, 04:05 PM
This is the Munson Plan.

yes but what is it...what does it mean ?!?

tbroaddus
12-27-2008, 06:27 PM
I tend to be a little conservative when I jump up to the next level. The truth is that there are small pinkies, and there are big pinkies. There are small fuzzies and there are big fuzzies. I pick mine out at the store and while they cost a little more because I don't buy in bulk, I feel better in not going too large when first moving to the next level. My snakes are doing just fine.

Lennycorn
12-27-2008, 08:10 PM
This is the Munson Plan.

yes but what is it...what does it mean ?!?

What part don't you get??

ozymandias
12-28-2008, 10:41 AM
What part don't you get??

is it for making your corn bigger, smaller or just a general feeding plan ?

Tracee
12-28-2008, 12:14 PM
The latter, of course. I don't think many people would recommend powerfeeding and certainly not underfeeding. Follow the Plan closely and you will have a very healthy snake :)

ozymandias
12-28-2008, 04:56 PM
tanks alot, i will try to stick to it...got my first snake ever on xmas eve and its a baby amel !!?§

DogStar5988
12-29-2008, 12:23 AM
Wow I started this thread a long time ago. Dante is eating the biggest mice I can get these days most the adults I find are a bit too small now. But yeah, I recommend the Munson Plan it was a big help when I was raising Dante, now hes big and strong!

---Kenny ;)