PDA

View Full Version : Help with feeding 2 baby corns.

Help with feeding 2 baby corns.

DrunkZombie
09-22-2007, 12:15 PM
Hey all, i have had a clutch of 18 baby corns as you may or may not know. However there are 2 corns that STILL have not eaten yet.
I have tried leaving the pinky in there for an hour or 2, i have even cut the pinkys head off and crushed the skull (worked with 5 other corns that were not eating) But still no luck. its been about 2/3 weeks since the corns were born so im really getting worried now.

when i leave the pinky in the tub with the snake it just seems to want to hide, ive even covered the tub in a towel but then it still hides (even with no hide, it tries to bury itself).

I would love to have any idea's.

I live in England so:
* I cant get live prey
* I cant get other food

Is there anything else that I could try to get them to feed?

Many thanks.

Ollie

Sanebedlam
09-22-2007, 12:18 PM
You can look through the feeding problem solutions posted here although one you might try is dipping the pinkie head in chicken broth. Washing is another method that some people have a lot of success with.

DrunkZombie
09-22-2007, 12:20 PM
By washing, do you mean literally washing it in water so there is no more smell on the pinky?
Tomorrow i will try rubbing a pinky on some chicken skin or maybe even try feeding them some chicken.

Ty for the help so far, im really worried :(

Ollie

Sanebedlam
09-22-2007, 12:28 PM
Read through this thread
http://cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55920
its another member with a feeding problem but a bunch of solutions were posted there already.

Cat_Eyed_Lady
09-22-2007, 04:26 PM
washing = useing a tiny bit of soap and literally washing the pinkie in that soap and rinseing super well so all the soap comes off.

Also, I dont know how warm the pinkies are that you offer but make sure they are about 100-102 when you offer.... What I do is dip the pinkie is really hot water(after thawing) - feel it with my fingers and if it feels Warm - offer and if not heat abit more. Good luck :)

Flagg
09-22-2007, 04:39 PM
You can still feed live prey in the UK if they won't eat anything else. It could be difficult finding any, but other UK members on this forum might be able to help you out.