• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Bad food!?!!?!

nlove_3000

Last night was feeding night here, and all snakes got fed. This morning I started going crazy. 2 adults, 2 yearlings, and a hatchling regurged. The adult and the yearling that didn't regurge were fed out of different "stock". I didn't cook these mice, they were all various sizes of course. They weren't ever thawed and refrozen and they were bought from a local pet store that raises/freezes their own.

I assume I got bad food and will never purchase from there again....but is there anything I can do in the mean time? Should I fear for the few others that kept it down?????? I am so pissed and I feel bad for these guys. I've never had this happen before. My adults have NEVER had an issue and neither have the yearlings.

I don't believe that this is an illness of any kind as they all acted completely normal beforehand. The yearlings, adults, and hatchlings all happen to be kept in separate rooms and I am VERY careful about santizing hands. I don't "recycle" food and don't share feeding containers either.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Wow this is pretty amazing! I had 1 regurge & I freaked!! I really hope you get some answers soon. How are they doin'? Everything going normal besides the regurge? Sounds like to me the food. I am SO like you when it comes to feeding mine. Last night was feeding. Its seperate everything for us too. Very important. I wash my pinkies like crazy before feeding mine. :rolleyes:

Anyway, hang in there prayin' you get some answers soon. I would be very upset also!! You may want to give the store a call to let them know this. Shoot I would! :(

Was this the first time you got food from that pet store?

That does seem to be the common link. I don't think I would get mice from them again. Get different mice and keep them on their normal feed schedule and see what happens next time.

That is as long as you haven't introduced a new snake recently that could be diseased.

I did get a new snake this week (chit-chat posting "Purple Rat Snake"). I know there are always ways it could happen, but he has not been handled at home yet. He was brought home in a paper grocery sack and the sack was put into the viv. He has not come out yet as I'm giving him time to settle.

Could it be something airborne? What signs are there to look for?

Back