PDA

View Full Version : switching from live to f/t

switching from live to f/t

dr73
09-24-2007, 10:55 PM
I have a striped cream that has refused f/t since I got him 2 months ago. He will take live with no problem. I really want to get him switched over to f/t as soon as possible. Can anyone tell me the best way to go about it? He should be ready for hoppers in a month or so and I don't want to risk him getting bit. Any help would be great thanks.

Cat_Eyed_Lady
09-24-2007, 11:40 PM
about the only things I can suggest is make sure it is pipeing hot when offered and dry... if that doesnt work... use some tongs and make the mouse twitch abit and maybe he will think its alive.... thats about the best I can offer you, sorry.

Nanci
09-25-2007, 05:33 AM
You could use FK as an intermediate step. Then when you go to FT, get them really hot and really dry- I use a blow dryer if I want them dry for someone picky.

Nanci

diamondlil
09-25-2007, 05:38 AM
I got fed up with using my hairdryer, it's a powerfull one and it was weird seeing the dead mice jumping about in a bowl while I was drying them, so I've started thawing the mice, patting them dry, then leaving a small bendy lamp trained over the bowl of mice so each mouse is hot when served. It seems to be working, all the snakes have gone constriction-crazy

Nanci
09-25-2007, 07:44 AM
I got fed up with using my hairdryer, it's a powerfull one and it was weird seeing the dead mice jumping about in a bowl while I was drying them,

You have to hold them by the tail!!

Nanci

diamondlil
09-25-2007, 07:57 AM
You have to hold them by the tail!!

Nanci
I kept burning my fingers!

Flagg
09-27-2007, 02:33 PM
When switching them from live toi F/T, for a couple feedings at least, I like to feed them in their viv so they feel more secure and can eat at their own pace. Just have to make sure they have newspaper or paper towel bedding when i do this.