PDA

View Full Version : Is this safe?

Is this safe?

JustineNYC
10-01-2007, 04:01 PM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g156/HomeDepotGurl/snake.jpg

I got this at a pet store and she insists on crawling up into it and hanging out in there. The other night I had to lure her out with a hot mouse to put her into her feeding tub.......Do I have to worry about her getting stuck up in there?

Tula_Montage
10-01-2007, 04:07 PM
She won't get stuck, so its no harm to her physically. However, like you said, its hard to get her out and you may find its too much of a bother to keep in her viv.

Roy Munson
10-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Another comment about hides in general is that a corn will sometimes choose security over optimal temperatures for digestion, etc.. As you can see in your pic, they REALLY like snug hides. I'm kinda slow, so it took me years to realize that if corns on paper towel or newspaper substrate end up under the paper 99% of the time, they must like VERY low or flat hides.

JustineNYC
10-01-2007, 08:10 PM
She won't get stuck, so its no harm to her physically. However, like you said, its hard to get her out and you may find its too much of a bother to keep in her viv.

I dont mind.....This is a particular snake that is NEVER out, and once I added this, she took to it right away.....its kept her out more for some reason.......Its just that I dont want to pull her out of there so to speak and it was feeding time.....once she smelled the mouse, I grabbed her and put her in her feeding tub.

I put it in there for her so I dont mind, I was just worried about her weaseling into a crevice and not be able to get out of it. I dont want to have to slice into that wood with her in it to get her out.

holly tayls
10-02-2007, 10:11 AM
I ahve the exact same setup in my viv. A big curved piece of grapevine. One of my corns never payed any attention to it so I gave it to the other and that is her primary place of residence. Its in the middle of the viv temp ave about 72-75 at sutstrate level. When she is fed she goes straight to the hide on the warm end of the viv and hangs there for about 2 days before venturing back into her little crevice. It IS hard to get her out and she can get ticked off if I rub her tail end to get her to come out but I found that taking the log out workd great to get her to come right out