PDA

View Full Version : I need some serious help. PLEASE

I need some serious help. PLEASE

Alabaster72707
10-10-2007, 02:05 AM
My snake is having difficulty shedding and has a loss of movement and is regurgitating. I think he might be dehydrated...does anybody have any ideas?

Joejr14
10-10-2007, 02:12 AM
My snake is having difficulty shedding and has a loss of movement and is regurgitating. I think he might be dehydrated...does anybody have any ideas?

Give it water? :shrugs:

Alabaster72707
10-10-2007, 02:20 AM
I've tried that and he'll only drink a little bit at a time and he still doesn't move around a lot. I can't get him to a vet at the moment but the one i called said to force him liquids (but conviently forgot to mention how) Any ideas??? :blowhead:

Maize411
10-10-2007, 02:44 AM
put him in a tub with warm water? That should help moisten and loosen the shedding skin..then you can possibly get the loose skin off of him by hand..and who knows..maybe he'll take a drink while in the tub..I'm not a vet so I know my idea isn't coming from experience..but I'm sure it can't hurt.. :shrugs:

Cat_Eyed_Lady
10-10-2007, 03:00 AM
difficulty shedding and has a loss of movement and is regurgitating .... all 3 at the same time or is this a few problems that have been going on awhile??

Double het
10-10-2007, 06:02 AM
Get a GOOD vet to look at him. Your snake seems to be seriously ill. And i would 'definately' not forcedrink him or anything. Especially since you tell you did see him get a drink. You can put him in a big bowl of water around 28 degrees. But reguritating and loss of movement are your real issues here.

Can you tell how you keep your snake? Temps? How long you have him? Any illness records? What did you feed him. How often and how fast did he regurgitate etc