PDA

View Full Version : I have a very weird snake.

I have a very weird snake.

Motley07
10-13-2007, 08:10 PM
As many of you know, I have been posting on and off about Motley's refusal to take 'pure' pinkies starting last July. I force from the last week of July until about a month ago. Then I discovered he loved to kill and eat live anoles (even swallowing one as it was biting him around the middle). I fed him two live and then switched to frozen. He ate one F/T anole. After that, I tried wrapping anole skin around a pinky. He ate it right away. I tried it again a week later, and he put his mouth around it and then changed his mind and refused to eat it.

So then the next week I tried a live anole again. He ignored it. I tried anole scented pinkies again, more refusal. I dumped an anole head in with him and he ate that and left the two pinkies. Last feeding, I tried anole scented pinkies which he ignored. I force-fed those. THIS week I once again wrapped thawed anole skin around the pinkies and he ate BOTH PINKIES on his own, immediately. The ONLY difference is this time, I fed Peaches (the Creamsicle corn) in her container right next to his. Maybe he saw her eating her mouse down and saw how it is done?? I have no clue, However:

This snake is driving me nuts! First he will, then he won't, then it's a maybe, then it's a refusal, than it's "I'll eat this but not that", and finally, "Well I guess I eat the anole skin covered pinkies again." GRRRRR!!! When will he take normal F/T pinkies without all this FUSSING??? Peaches is a DREAM to feed. Throw her a mouse and she's good.

sweetsandz
10-13-2007, 08:21 PM
Have you tried stealing the feed with hatching odor to meet? Most snakes love poultry.
I wish you good luck
Sandra

Motley07
10-13-2007, 08:23 PM
Have you tried stealing the feed with hatching odor to meet? Most snakes love poultry.
I wish you good luck
Sandra

I'm sorry, what?? I tried dipping the pinkies in chicken broth which did nothing.

sweetsandz
10-13-2007, 08:32 PM
sorry my english is so bad. :bang:
This was what i mean.
hmm..thats strange:shrugs:

Motley07
10-13-2007, 09:03 PM
That's o.k ! I thought you might have meant using chicken broth but I wasn't sure.