PDA

View Full Version : First regurge....what do I do?

First regurge....what do I do?

zombieinvasiontm
10-15-2007, 11:12 AM
My baby Gerard regurged for no apparent reason.
We didn't handle him at all after he ate, and the only change to his enviroment is that we took out his hides for cleaning.

It happend when I was at school and my mom threw it away before I could get home to check it out.

Any thoughts?
And I should wait at least 7 days to feed him again, right?

tsst
10-15-2007, 11:28 AM
See the sticky at the top of this forum. Good luck!

Nanci
10-15-2007, 11:40 AM
I'd wait ten days. Feed a prey item half the size of the regurged meal, and work back up to normal gradually. Recheck viv temps. Wouldn't hurt to order Nutribac from Kathy, which you can put in his water now, and dab on the first meal. Then, if it happens again, you'll already be prepared with Nutribac, which is probiotics (good bacteria to restore stomach flora lost during the regurge).

Nanci

Duff
10-15-2007, 10:56 PM
Did you use any chemicals to clean the hides? If so, did you rinse really well and allow plenty of time to dry and air out any residual fumes? Also, what's your feeding schedule/size? Was the item any larger than 1 1/2 times the snakes body, or were multiple items fed that added up to too much food? Just a few other things to think about. Sometimes it may just happen, but always best to look for any possible reason for future reference.