PDA

View Full Version : Problem Shed, maybe?

Problem Shed, maybe?

J.T.Cosmo
10-24-2007, 02:25 PM
My problem is due to me being away for a few days with hubby looking after snake there seems to have been some miscommunication. He was blue last friday so had refused his thursday feed. When i came home hubby said it was over with so i assumed he had already shed and i fed him earlier today and he took it straight away. When i went to get him out i noticed loose skin around his mouth, just then hubby came home and thats when he told me he hadnt shed yet, he had just cleared up 2days ago. I just wanted to know if this will cause any problems with his shed. He went straight to his hide and stayed there. That was 6 hours ago and he hasnt come out yet. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you. :eek1:

Nanci
10-24-2007, 02:27 PM
It won't hurt anything. He'll shed when he's ready. It wouldn't hurt to mist his viv. If you don't see a shed 48 hours after you've fed him, then it's ok to take a peek at him and see what is going on. I wouldn't mess with him now, though.

Nanci

J.T.Cosmo
10-24-2007, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the quick response, i just wanted to make sure. I have already misted the viv earlier just incase. I guess i'll need to apologise to hubby when he gets home from work, kind of got mad at him.

Nanci
10-24-2007, 02:37 PM
Well, probably if hubby saw a clear snake out crawling around, he'd assume it had shed. How would he know there's a clear phase. I fall for that all the time.

Nanci

J.T.Cosmo
10-24-2007, 02:42 PM
Now i know im going to need to be really extra nice to him. Dont mind being nice when i feel like it but its an effort when i dont.Lol. Need to make sure i do it in a way i dont admit any fault on my part or he wont let me forget it.