PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Mr. Anole!

Thanks Mr. Anole!

Roy Munson
10-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Mr. Anole has been in my freezer for about 18 months. I had been fortunate enough not to need him so far this year, so I haven't even seen him for about 15+ months. But I have a little ultramel mot/stripe het caramel that came back from a breeding loan with Stephen, and the little guy ate two washed pinks for me, and refused everything since. Tonight marked exactly one month since his last meal, so I broke down and thawed out Mr. Anole-- or his head, anyway. He sure has looked better. Last year I amputated most of his limbs at least to the knee, and I scraped a lot of skin off him. Over a year of freezer-burn didn't help his looks much either.

So I did a little soap and water job on a pink, and squished its head around in Mr. Anole's mouth. Then I scraped a little skin off the lizard and pasted it to the pink with water. The ultramel hasn't so much as tongue-flicked a pink in my presence for a month, but the second I dropped the scented pink in his cup, he pounced. He had the thing down in no time. :)

So thanks again for your service, Mr. Anole. No offense, but I'm hoping not to see you again until next year (or never again would be even better)... :grin01:

Piper
10-25-2007, 08:03 PM
LOL !!!

I hope you keep him in a box labeled "Christmas Fruitcake 1999" - something family / friends would never open... :dgrin:

tom e
10-25-2007, 08:03 PM
Mr. Anole has done time in my service as well... I just passed him off in fact to a friend who has a similar problem.
Maybe those of us who have snakes who owe their lives to Mr. Anole, should make this thread a salute to him..
I have about 5 who first took to their grub after his "ministrations"!

Let us not forget that Mr. Anole (and his various relatives) has made the ultimate sacrifice to the cornsnake cause right?

:bowdown:

Roy Munson
10-25-2007, 08:17 PM
Mr. Anole has done time in my service as well... I just passed him off in fact to a friend who has a similar problem.
Maybe those of us who have snakes who owe their lives to Mr. Anole, should make this thread a salute to him..
I have about 5 who first took to their grub after his "ministrations"!

Let us not forget that Mr. Anole (and his various relatives) has made the ultimate sacrifice to the cornsnake cause right?

:bowdown:I'm all for turning this thread into a tribute to all of the anoles that have given their lives to the cause! Here's to you, anoles! :cheers:
LOL !!!

I hope you keep him in a box labeled "Christmas Fruitcake 1999" - something family / friends would never open... :dgrin:Hah! My family and friends know not to bother looking for anything they might want in MY freezer. ;)

susang
10-25-2007, 08:28 PM
I'ld like a vodka tonic with a pinkie please:licklips: And I'll have another in memory of Mr Anole :cheers:. That Mr. Anole sure was a great guy, aw give me another tunic :cheers:. My favorite pasta is Mr. Aiolinole :cheers:. Hey Dean can I have the next, ah um voootka straight up with a bowl of pinkies, dang they go down like popcorn :cheers:. Heck I'll have another pinkie vodka with an anole please. :cheers:. Who are drinking to again:confused: who am I and how did I get here did it have soemthing to do with pinkies????

Roy Munson
10-25-2007, 08:34 PM
:laugh: :laugh:

ghosthousecorns
10-25-2007, 08:43 PM
If I may I would also like to extend this thank you to a cousin of Mr. Anole, the venerable Mr. Bluebelly. I had a bluebelly lizard torso left in my freezer for months after feeding off all his arms, legs, and head... but I was able to catch a new victim this year so it is replaced. But my new Mr. Bluebelly is slowly losing legs and arms thanks to a stubborn male striped amel I just don't want to euthanize.

susang
10-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Hey tarmender gimme one of those anole tonics here's to Mr Lueblelly.:rofl:

Susielea
10-25-2007, 10:03 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl: Oh Susan you just crack me up!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nanci
10-25-2007, 10:05 PM
Hah, my Mr. Toad did NOT have to give his life in service, although I have a spare Mr. Toad guts in the freezer, for all the good it is doing me.

I sent a Mr. Anole up to Dave123- Dave, how is your Mr. anole doing??

Nanci

ArpeggioAngel
10-25-2007, 10:37 PM
Yes yes...I have used many a Mr Anole (live and dead) as well as the occasional Mr House Gecko. Makes me really glad I live in Florida where they are plentiful and free!

And holy cow Susan - you are on a roll....too freaking funny!:rofl:

Nozomi
10-26-2007, 02:18 AM
I hope never to need a Mr. Anole. D: But it's a good thing others have had one handy! Here here for the Florida thing though... I walk outside and green anoles skitter around everywhere.

Sometimes, I cackle and say, "If I had a cup, you could be snake food."

toyah
10-26-2007, 02:26 AM
Yes yes...I have used many a Mr Anole (live and dead) as well as the occasional Mr House Gecko. Makes me really glad I live in Florida where they are plentiful and free!

I was on holiday in Florida recently, and I couldn't believe the amount of anoles you guys have over there ... my Mr Anole was specially imported, I assume from Florida, to help me with my difficult babies. And he works!

I always feel like I'm summoning a genie or performing some sort of superstitious ritual, rubbing pinkies against anoles in the hope someone will eat them, like rubbing a magic lamp or something :)

Velvet
10-26-2007, 02:35 AM
Would a house gecko work as well? I have no idea where I would get an anole if I needed one but I can get PLENTY of house geckos! lol