• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Thanks Mr. Anole!

Roy Munson

Mr. Anole has been in my freezer for about 18 months. I had been fortunate enough not to need him so far this year, so I haven't even seen him for about 15+ months. But I have a little ultramel mot/stripe het caramel that came back from a breeding loan with Stephen, and the little guy ate two washed pinks for me, and refused everything since. Tonight marked exactly one month since his last meal, so I broke down and thawed out Mr. Anole-- or his head, anyway. He sure has looked better. Last year I amputated most of his limbs at least to the knee, and I scraped a lot of skin off him. Over a year of freezer-burn didn't help his looks much either.

So I did a little soap and water job on a pink, and squished its head around in Mr. Anole's mouth. Then I scraped a little skin off the lizard and pasted it to the pink with water. The ultramel hasn't so much as tongue-flicked a pink in my presence for a month, but the second I dropped the scented pink in his cup, he pounced. He had the thing down in no time. :)

So thanks again for your service, Mr. Anole. No offense, but I'm hoping not to see you again until next year (or never again would be even better)... :grin01:

LOL !!!

I hope you keep him in a box labeled "Christmas Fruitcake 1999" - something family / friends would never open... :dgrin:

Mr. Anole has done time in my service as well... I just passed him off in fact to a friend who has a similar problem.
Maybe those of us who have snakes who owe their lives to Mr. Anole, should make this thread a salute to him..
I have about 5 who first took to their grub after his "ministrations"!

Let us not forget that Mr. Anole (and his various relatives) has made the ultimate sacrifice to the cornsnake cause right?

:bowdown:

tom e said:
Mr. Anole has done time in my service as well... I just passed him off in fact to a friend who has a similar problem.
Maybe those of us who have snakes who owe their lives to Mr. Anole, should make this thread a salute to him..
I have about 5 who first took to their grub after his "ministrations"!

Let us not forget that Mr. Anole (and his various relatives) has made the ultimate sacrifice to the cornsnake cause right?

:bowdown:
I'm all for turning this thread into a tribute to all of the anoles that have given their lives to the cause! Here's to you, anoles! :cheers:
LOL !!!

I hope you keep him in a box labeled "Christmas Fruitcake 1999" - something family / friends would never open... :dgrin:
Hah! My family and friends know not to bother looking for anything they might want in MY freezer. ;)

Attachments

• 041207 freezer (2).JPG
    041207 freezer (2).JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 39
I'ld like a vodka tonic with a pinkie please:licklips: And I'll have another in memory of Mr Anole :cheers:. That Mr. Anole sure was a great guy, aw give me another tunic :cheers:. My favorite pasta is Mr. Aiolinole :cheers:. Hey Dean can I have the next, ah um voootka straight up with a bowl of pinkies, dang they go down like popcorn :cheers:. Heck I'll have another pinkie vodka with an anole please. :cheers:. Who are drinking to again:confused: who am I and how did I get here did it have soemthing to do with pinkies????

If I may I would also like to extend this thank you to a cousin of Mr. Anole, the venerable Mr. Bluebelly. I had a bluebelly lizard torso left in my freezer for months after feeding off all his arms, legs, and head... but I was able to catch a new victim this year so it is replaced. But my new Mr. Bluebelly is slowly losing legs and arms thanks to a stubborn male striped amel I just don't want to euthanize.

Hah, my Mr. Toad did NOT have to give his life in service, although I have a spare Mr. Toad guts in the freezer, for all the good it is doing me.

I sent a Mr. Anole up to Dave123- Dave, how is your Mr. anole doing??

Nanci

Yes yes...I have used many a Mr Anole (live and dead) as well as the occasional Mr House Gecko. Makes me really glad I live in Florida where they are plentiful and free!

And holy cow Susan - you are on a roll....too freaking funny!:rofl:

I hope never to need a Mr. Anole. D: But it's a good thing others have had one handy! Here here for the Florida thing though... I walk outside and green anoles skitter around everywhere.

Sometimes, I cackle and say, "If I had a cup, you could be snake food."

Yes yes...I have used many a Mr Anole (live and dead) as well as the occasional Mr House Gecko. Makes me really glad I live in Florida where they are plentiful and free!

I was on holiday in Florida recently, and I couldn't believe the amount of anoles you guys have over there ... my Mr Anole was specially imported, I assume from Florida, to help me with my difficult babies. And he works!

I always feel like I'm summoning a genie or performing some sort of superstitious ritual, rubbing pinkies against anoles in the hope someone will eat them, like rubbing a magic lamp or something :)

Would a house gecko work as well? I have no idea where I would get an anole if I needed one but I can get PLENTY of house geckos! lol

Back