PDA

View Full Version : Sudden decrease in size of tail?

Sudden decrease in size of tail?

XxPagxX
10-25-2007, 09:44 PM
Hi everyone, i have had my cornsnake for about a year now! One thing i have noticed for a while is that his body at the end gets suddenly smaller. A few inches from the tip of the end it suddenly gets way smaller compared to the rest of the snake. Now, it seems to me as this has been getting worse like that part of the snake isn't growing.
He can still move it fine and it doesn't seem to impair him at all. Is this the tail of the snake? And is it bad if it doesn't grow with the rest of the snake?

Thanks!

Rich in KY
10-25-2007, 11:39 PM
The tail should be thinner after the vent of the snake. This would be normal. But pics would be necessary to see if that is what you are talking about.

susang
10-25-2007, 11:45 PM
It sounded to me when I first read this is a hippy male or female making the tail appear shorter. But without a picture hard to tell.

Rich in KY
10-25-2007, 11:47 PM
It sounded to me when I first read this is a hippy male or female making the tail appear shorter. But without a picture hard to tell.

That crossed my mind also Susan.

XxPagxX
10-26-2007, 12:06 AM
Thanks for your help but I'll post pictures tomorrow :)

mele2511
10-26-2007, 06:50 AM
Just to throw other ideas at you... When his tail gets shorter do you see any black parts on the end of the tail? My small snake lost part of his tail because his shed came off but a small part of the tail stayed on and didn’t notice it.